55 Winter Jokes That Will Warm You Up with Laughter
These silly winter jokes will make you brrrr-st into giggles!
Hilarious winter jokes for the perfect pick-me-up
When there’s a nip in the air, the days start getting shorter and snow begins to fall, you know that winter is here. And whether you like it or not, it’s here to stay for a while. But even though the brisk weather means spending more time inside, there are also some perks: having snowball fights, building snowmen and snuggling up with loved ones in front of the fire. Even better? Those chilly moments can also serve as the inspiration for some hilarious winter jokes!
These seasonal jokes are great to include in cards along with a winter quote, to send via text or to entertain a crowd IRL. Whether you’re looking for short jokes, bad jokes or short jokes for kids, this list of sidesplitting winter jokes is perfect for the whole family and will keep you as warm as a nice cup of hot chocolate.
Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for more humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
Short winter jokes
1. How do snowmen read their texts?
With an icy stare.
2. What kind of ball doesn’t bounce?
3. What bites but doesn’t have teeth?
4. What do you get when you mix a snowman with a vampire?
5. What do you call a penguin in the Sahara Desert?
6. What do you call a snowman in August?
7. Where do snowmen love to dance?
At a snowball.
8. What do you call a slow skier?
9. What do snowmen eat for lunch?
10. What do snowmen win at the Olympics?
11. Which one is faster: hot or cold?
Hot. You can catch a cold.
12. Where do snowmen put their money?
In snow banks.
13. How do snowmen buy birthday presents?
With cold, hard cash.
14. What did the tree say after a long winter?
What a re-leaf!
15. What does Frosty’s mom put on her face at night?
Corny winter jokes
16. What do you sing at a snowman’s birthday party?
“Freeze a Jolly Good Fellow!”
17. Why did the girl keep her trumpet out in the snow?
She liked playing cool jazz.
18. What do you call a snowman’s temper tantrum?
19. How do snowmen get information?
They search on the winter-net.
20. How do polar bears make their beds?
With sheets of ice and blankets of snow.
21. Why did the two snowmen divorce?
One thought the other was a flake.
22. What do snow parents call their kids?
23. What do you call it when a snowman ignores you?
The cold shoulder.
24. Why don’t you see penguins in Britain?
They’re afraid of Wales.
25. Which side of a polar bear has the most fur?
26. How does a penguin build a house?
Igloos it together.
27. What do you call a snowman on rollerblades?
28. As I grow, I come closer to the ground. What am I?
29. If a winter fox lost his tail, where would you go to buy him a new one?
A retail store.
30. Why did the bear keep getting fired?
He always disappeared in the winter.
If you love a good corny joke, these dad jokes will be right up your alley!
Winter jokes for kids
31. Why did Princess Elsa fall off her sled?
She let it go.
32. What is the best breakfast cereal to eat in the winter?
33. What did the police officer say when he saw the snowman stealing?
34. Why was the snowman rummaging through the bag of carrots?
He was picking his nose.
35. Who were Frosty’s parents?
Mom and Popsicle.
36. What does Jack Frost like best about school?
Snow and tell.
37. Why do birds fly south for the winter?
Because it’s too far to walk.
38. What did the icy road say to the truck?
“Want to go for a spin?”
39. What do you get when you cross a snowman with a baker?
Frosty the Dough-man.
40. What is a snowman’s favorite snack?
Ice Krispies treats.
41. How did the snow globe feel after hearing a scary story?
A bit shook up.
42. What do you call an elderly snowman?
43. What does a gingerbread man put on his bed?
A cookie sheet!
44. What did the wool hat say to the scarf?
You hang around while I go on ahead.
45. How do you decorate a snowman’s birthday cake?
With lots of icing.
These food jokes for kids will also spread plenty of hap-pea-ness on cold days.
46. What does a snowman take when he gets sick?
A chill pill.
47. What often falls in winter but never gets hurt?
48. How do mountains stay warm in winter?
They put on their snowcaps.
49. What do you get when you cross a snowman and a shark?
50. What do snowmen get at a Mexican restaurant?
51. What did one snowflake say to the other?
“You’re one of a kind!”
52. Why did the snowman go to the doctor?
He was getting chills.
53. How do snowmen greet each other?
Ice to meet you.
54. What do you call a skeleton that goes out in the snow?
55. What does a Starbucks employee’s job title change to in winter?
Ready for winter to be over? We’ve got plenty of spring jokes to get you in the mood for the warmer weather!