40 Inspiring Self-Love Quotes to Make You Feel Like a Million Bucks
When was the last time you celebrated yourself? If it's been a while, read these self-love quotes that are good for the mind, body, and soul.
Self-love quotes everyone needs to read
Self-love is a powerful thing to practice. When we practice self-love, we appreciate who we are, where we came from, and where we’re going. It can be tough to find time to reflect on yourself, though. Work, school, family, and life in general pulls us in different directions and, at times, requires us to put our wants and needs on the back burner.
It’s important that everyone takes time to practice self-love, even if life is chaotic. Reflecting on yourself and your growth doesn’t have to be an all-day event, after all. Taking 10 minutes to read self-love quotes, confidence quotes, patience quotes, positive affirmations, and gratitude quotes can put your relationship with yourself into perspective. Take some time now and read these inspiring self-love quotes that’ll boost your confidence and self-gratitude.
1. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.”—Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey. Read these be yourself quotes that help you embrace your whole self.
2. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.”—Karl Lagerfeld. Talk about a life-changing quote!
3. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”—Charles Bukowski. Read more uplifting quotes that will stay with you and lift your spirits.
4. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.”—Turcois Ominek. This is one of those calm quotes that are simple, but powerful.
5. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.”—Tina Fey, Bossypants. Talk about an inspiring quote from a strong woman.
6. “A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.”—Haruki Murakami, 1Q84.
7. “I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.”—Brené Brown
8. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”—Lucille Ball. If you need more motivation, these “dream big” quotes will do the trick.
9. “Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself—what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.”—Warsan Shire. What a kind quote about yourself to remember!
10. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”—
11. “In your own life it’s important to know how spectacular you are.”—
12. “She remembered who she was and the game changed.”—Lalah Delia
13. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”—Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Bookmark these powerful quotes from Justice Ginsburg and read them when you need some inspiration.
14. “I am more than my scars.”—Andrew Davidson, The Gargoyle
15. “To find a happy ending with someone else, first you have to find it alone.”—Soman Chainani, The Last Ever After
16. “Respect yourself and others will respect you.”—Confucius
17. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”—Oscar Wilde
18. “You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anybody.”—Maya Angelou. Don’t forget to read more Maya Angelou quotes that uplift and inspire us.
19. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”—Anne Lamott. This is one of the funnier quotes about self-love, but it’s still true!
20. “We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within.”—Alexandra Elle
21. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”—Mark Twain
22. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”—Buddha
23. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.”—Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone, to experience, appreciate and love yourself.”—
25. “You are what you believe yourself to be.”—Paulo Coelho
26. “The goal is to learn to be nurturing with yourself so you can feel free.”—D
27. “You have to be odd to be number one.”—Dr. Seuss
28. “All relationships are a reflection of your relationship with yourself.”—Deepak Chopra
29. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.”—Andrea Dykstra
30. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit.”—
31. “This life is mine alone. So I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been.”—Glennon Doyle
32.”You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.”—Diane Von Furstenberg
33. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”—Beyoncé
34. “Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one’s self.”—Priscilla Presley. Check out more beauty quotes that celebrate the truly beautiful.
35. “I remind myself to be kind to myself, and as slightly ridiculous as it may sound, to treat myself in the same gentle way I’d want to treat a daughter of mine. It really helps.”—Emma Stone
36. “Scarcity of self-value cannot be remedied by money, recognition, affection, attention or influence.”—Gary Zukav
37. “Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self.”—Queen Latifah
38. “Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.”—Princess Diana
39. “It isn’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.”—W.C. Fields
40. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.”—Les Brown
Need more positive quotes in your life? Read these happiness quotes next to brighten your day even more.