97 of the Funniest Things to Ask Alexa
Your Amazon Echo isn't just a convenient source for music and random facts. For proof, test out a few of these funny things to ask Alexa.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Alexa is full of funny surprises
Do you set a timer so your six-minute eggs are always egg-ceptional? Amazon Alexa can do that! Or maybe you depend on an alarm so you can peel yourself from your cozy sheets every morning? Alexa has that covered too. Alexa can play your favorite songs, tell you the weather, give you live sports updates and even make sure you reorder your favorite coffee, since, well, things aren’t pretty when you run out. It’s all very helpful, yes, but did you know that there are also plenty of funny things you can ask Alexa?
That’s right: Aside from all the practical things Alexa can do, your handy little virtual assistant can also be super silly. Yep, humor is apparently in Alexa’s skill set—and if you need a little levity in your day, you’ll be oh-so-glad you know this. Whether you own an Amazon Alexa device or just have the app on your phone, you’ll be LOLing at the answers to these funny Alexa commands and questions. Enjoy!
Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for more humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
Funny Alexa Easter eggs about movies and TV
Whether it’s a surprising follow-up to a famous movie quote or a silly comeback to a well-known one-liner, the award goes to Alexa … for the funniest responses to these television and movie lead-ins.
- Alexa, I see dead people.
- Alexa, you had me at “hello.”
- Alexa, will you accept this rose?
- Alexa, go ahead—make my day.
- Alexa, E.T. phone home.
- Alexa, nobody puts Baby in the corner.
- Alexa, hasta la vista, baby.
- Alexa, live long and prosper.
- Alexa, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
- Alexa, you can’t handle the truth.
- Alexa, who you gonna call?
- Alexa, show me the money!
- Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya.
- Alexa, I am your father.
- Alexa, surely you can’t be serious?
- Alexa, what is your quest?
- Alexa, may the Force be with you.
- Alexa, do you want to build a snowman?
- Alexa, do you know the muffin man?
- Alexa, what’s the first rule of Fight Club?
- Alexa, who loves orange soda?
- Alexa, is Jon Snow dead?
- Alexa, are you talkin’ to me?
- Alexa, are we in the Matrix?
- Alexa, deal or no deal?
- Alexa, introduce me to Baby Groot.
Of course, these are only a few of the gems built into Alexa. Try asking your own questions based on these funny movie quotes.
Funny things to ask Alexa about music
We all know Alexa can play music, but when you ask these music-themed questions, you’ll stop singing along and start giggling instead. And while these aren’t all from funny songs, the answers will make you think they are!
- Alexa, who’s your favorite Beatle?
- Alexa, are you a Swiftie?
- Alexa, how much is that doggy in the window?
- Alexa, I shot a man in Reno.
- Alexa, who let the dogs out?
- Alexa, what does the fox say?
- Alexa, hello, it’s me!
- Alexa, do you really want to hurt me?
- Alexa, never gonna give you up.
- Alexa, I like big butts.
- Alexa, talk like Snoop.
- Alexa, can you sing in Auto-Tune?
- Alexa, what’s the loneliest number?
Funny things to ask Alexa about books
From book quotes to inside jokes, if you’re a bibliophile you’ll agree: Alexa’s witty responses to these questions and commands are a bookworm’s delight.
- Alexa, what’s in a name?
- Alexa, who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
- Alexa, what’s the answer to life, the universe and everything?
- Alexa, what Hogwarts house do you belong to?
- Alexa, lumos!
- Alexa, don’t judge a book by its cover!
- Alexa, do you like green eggs and ham?
- Alexa, what’s your favorite book?
Looking for some good new reading material? Check out our favorite funny books.
Funny cultural references to ask Alexa
From internet memes to video-game quests and everything in between, Alexa has her virtual finger on the pulse of pop culture. Ask these questions and see for yourself.
- Alexa, what color is the dress?
- Alexa, is it yanny or laurel?
- Alexa, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
- Alexa, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Alexa, who’s your daddy?
- Alexa, where is Chuck Norris?
- Alexa, when is the end of the world?
- Alexa, where’s Waldo?
- Alexa, is there a Santa?
- Alexa, what is your quest?
- Alexa, Marco!
- Alexa, is the tooth fairy real?
- Alexa, is the cake a lie?
- Alexa, all your base are belong to us.
- Alexa, does this unit have a soul?
- Alexa, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start.
- Alexa, do you know GlaDOS?
Funny dad jokes to ask Alexa
If you ever feel homesick, look no further. Alexa has a bevy of eye-roll-worthy dad jokes, so you can feel like your dad is everywhere you are. ALL. THE. TIME. Awesome, right?
- Alexa, did Picasso paint cows?
- Alexa, your mother was a hamster.
- Alexa, make me a sandwich.
- Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?
- Alexa, do a flip?
- Alexa, why is six afraid of seven?
- Alexa, which comes first: the chicken or the egg?
- Alexa, see you later alligator.
- Alexa, in a while crocodile.
- Alexa, do birds ever get songs stuck in their heads?
Funny questions to get to know Alexa better
Alexa may be listening to your every word, but how well do you really know this omnipresent virtual assistant? These funny things to say to Alexa are hilariously revealing.
- Alexa, do you have a boyfriend?
- Alexa, do you like to dance?
- Alexa, do you prefer cats or dogs?
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- Alexa, are you a vegetarian?
- Alexa, how much do you weigh?
- Alexa, what is your middle name?
- Alexa, what is your zodiac sign?
- Alexa, do you have any pets?
- Alexa, are you pretty?
- Alexa, can you do 100 push-ups?
- Alexa, what’s your favorite color?
- Alexa, why so serious?
- Alexa, what is love?
- Alexa, will you go out with me?
- Alexa, who’s your celebrity crush?
Funny questions and commands to break an awkward silence
We’ve all been there—you have friends over, and there’s a lull in the conversation. Alexa can solve that!
- Alexa, do you have any gossip to tell us?
- Alexa, can you do a magic trick for us?
- Alexa, more cowbell.
- Alexa, can you rap?
- Alexa, tell me a haiku.
- Alexa, sing me a song.
- Alexa, tell me a joke.
Do you also have an iPhone? Keep the giggles going with these funny things to ask Siri.