120 Disney Trivia Questions Only True Fans Can Answer
Whistle while you work ... on this Disney trivia quizzer about Mickey and Minnie, Disney movies and more
Disney trivia questions and answers
Disney is so ingrained in pop culture, hardly a day goes by when we aren’t touched by the entertainment powerhouse in some way, from seeing popular Disney characters to hearing famous Disney quotes or even shopping for Disney gifts. Die-hard fans of the brand and its many offerings can’t get enough and are particularly tough to stump when it comes to Disney trivia. They know all there is to know about Disney live-action remakes, the best Disney couples and Disney’s 100th anniversary.
For all those reasons, we took the assignment of coming up with this list of Disney trivia questions very seriously. We expect the most loyal Mouseketeers to correctly answer questions about Walt Disney quotes and how did Walt Disney die, but if we can stump them with just one question, our job here is done. So go ahead and take a crack at our roundup of Disney trivia, complete with answers. You never know, you might learn a thing or two.
Disney movie trivia
1. In Disney’s 1959 film Sleeping Beauty, Aurora is betrothed to a prince shortly after she is born. This same prince rescues her when she falls into a deep sleep. Who is he?
Answer: Prince Philip
2. Everyone knows that Cinderella lost a glass slipper as she left the ball at midnight. But did it fall off her right foot or left foot?
Answer: Left foot
3. The handsome prince in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves is probably the most mysterious out of all the Disney princes. What is his name?
Answer: Prince Florian
4. What is the name of the duet between Rapunzel and Flynn Rider as they sit in a boat with floating lanterns hovering around them?
Answer: “I See the Light”
5. You know the little human girl from Monsters, Inc. as Boo, but what is her more human name?
6. Frozen‘s Prince Hans comes from a large family. How many brothers does he have?
7. Out of all the Disney films, one main character speaks the least. Which one is it?
8. Genie from Aladdin complained that being cooped up in a lamp gave him such a crick in his neck. Just how long was he in there?
Answer: 10,000 years
9. Which popular Disney song made its debut in the film Pinocchio?
Answer: “When You Wish Upon a Star”
10. How many kids does Gaston want to have with Belle?
Answer: Six or seven
11. What does the Evil Queen in Snow White say to herself in the mirror?
Answer: “Magic mirror, on the wall—who is the fairest one of all?”
12. In which movie does Prince Charming appear?
13. What are the names of Hades’s minions in Hercules?
Answer: Pain and Panic
14. The sorcerer’s name in Fantasia spells what backward?
15. Which Disney Princess attended Elsa’s coronation day in Arendelle?
16. How old is Crush, the sea turtle in Finding Nemo?
17. What is Princess Mia’s full name in The Princess Diaries?
Answer: Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi
18. Which famous TV creator co-wrote The Princess Diaries 2?
Answer: Shonda Rhimes
19. What is WALL-E’s favorite old movie?
Answer: Hello, Dolly!
20. What was the first animated movie to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars?
Answer: Beauty and the Beast
21. Name one actress other than Julie Andrews who was in the running for the lead role in Mary Poppins?
Answer: Angela Lansbury or Bette Davis
22. Who made the iconic glass slipper for the live-action version of Cinderella starring Lily James?
23. Which actor plays Gaston in the live-action take on Beauty and the Beast?
Answer: Luke Evans
24. In Cruella, what do we learn is Estella’s last name?
25. Which of Angelina Jolie’s children appears alongside her in a scene from Maleficent?
26. Which veteran director took the helm of 2019’s Dumbo?
Answer: Tim Burton
27. What’s the name of the biggest song and dance number in Mary Poppins Returns?
Answer: “Trip a Little Light Fantastic”
28. Which was the first live-action Disney remake to receive a PG-13 rating?
29. Which award-winning actress starred in the original Freaky Friday?
Answer: Jodie Foster
30. What’s the name of the sequel to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids?
Answer: Honey, I Blew Up the Baby
(Bonus: Here’s where the cast of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is now.)
31. What is the only Disney animated feature film where the title character doesn’t speak?
32. What is the name of the city in Big Hero 6?
Answer: San Fransokyo
33. What Disney character makes a cameo as a stuffed animal in Frozen?
Answer: Mickey Mouse
34. What Disney movie is based on a novel by Robert Louis Stevenson?
Answer: Treasure Planet
35. What is the name of Wendy’s dog in Peter Pan?
36. What is the name of the toy store in Toy Story 2?
Answer: Al’s Toy Barn
37. Who is Mufasa’s trusted advisor in The Lion King?
38. Who serves as Pinocchio’s conscience?
Answer: Jiminy Cricket
If you’re on a roll so far, try this pop culture trivia next!
Disney princess trivia
Princess movies are an iconic part of Disney. How well can you do against this Disney movie trivia?
39. What is the name of Rapunzel’s pet lizard?
40. Which Disney princess is the only one based on a real person?
41. Which of the princesses was the first to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
Answer: Snow White
42. Which princess must call Lady Tremaine mother?
43. How old is Tiana in Princess & the Frog?
44. Which princess is technically the youngest?
Answer: Snow White (she’s just 14!)
45. What name does Princess Aurora go by to protect her identity?
Answer: Briar Rose
46. What animal does Merida turn her mother into in Brave?
Answer: A bear
47. Who is the first Disney character who didn’t have to marry into royalty to become a princess?
48. Where does Jasmine live?
49. Which Disney princess has a tattoo?
50. How many sisters does Ariel have?
51. What is the name of the island Moana lives on?
52. Who was the first Disney princess?
Answer: Snow White
Walt Disney trivia
53. Where was Walt Disney born?
54. When was Walt Disney born?
Answer: Dec. 5, 1901
55. What was Walt’s wife’s name?
56. How many individual Oscars did Walt win in his lifetime?
57. To sell this particular movie, which fairy tale did Walt perform as a one-man show?
Answer: Snow White
58. Which short film did Walt originally collaborate on with Salvador Dali?
59. How many honorary degrees does Walt have?
Answer: Three, though he never went to college
60. Which character did Walt perform in a school play before it became the star of a Disney movie?
Answer: Peter Pan
61. Why did Walt drop out of high school?
Answer: To join the Red Cross Ambulance Corps
62. What did Walt name the model train he built in his backyard?
Answer: Carolwood Pacific Railroad
63. What character did Walt Disney create before Mickey Mouse?
Answer: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
64. Walt Disney had a secret apartment. Where in Disneyland was it?
Answer: Above the Town Square Fire Station in Main Street USA
For more Disney trivia built right into the parks, learn about the hidden Mickeys and how to find them.
Walt Disney World trivia
65. Which year did Walt Disney World open?
66. Which of the WDW parks is the smallest in size?
Answer: Magic Kingdom
67. What is the name of the underground tunnels connecting various areas of the parks?
Answer: The Utilidor
68. What is Magic Kingdom’s oldest attraction?
Answer: Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
69. How many trains does Big Thunder Mountain Railroad have?
70. Which year is posted in a sign hanging over the Hall of Presidents?
71. In Animal Kingdom, what is the name of the giant dinosaur standing in DinoLand USA?
72. Which were the three original hotel and lodging offerings at WDW?
Answer: The Polynesian, the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness Campground
73. Before it became Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, what was the name of the attraction housed in the replica of Grauman’s Chinese Theater?
Answer: The Great Movie Ride
74. Which former Disney Channel show was actually filmed at Hollywood Studios when it was branded as Disney’s MGM Studios?
Answer: The All-New Mickey Mouse Club
75. How much land makes up Disney World?
Answer: About 50 square miles
76. How many ghosts are in The Haunted Mansion?
77. How tall is Cinderella Castle?
Answer: 189 feet
78. What town inspired Magic Kingdom’s Main Street USA?
Answer: Walt Disney loosely based Main Street USA on Marceline, Missouri
79. What is the motto for the It’s a Small World ride?
Answer: “The Happiest Cruise That Ever Sailed”
80. What are the three mountains in Magic Kingdom?
Answer: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad Mountain
How much are you learning from these Disney trivia questions? We know we’ve learned a lot!
Mickey Mouse trivia
81. Who was the first voice of Mickey Mouse?
Answer: Walt Disney
82. What is the first thing Mickey ever said?
Answer: “Hot dog!”
83. What are the names of Minnie’s two pets?
Answer: Figaro and Fifi
84. Before Minnie donned her signature bow, what was her favorite accessory?
Answer: A hat with a white daisy sprouting from the top
85. What is Donald Duck’s middle name?
86. What are the names of Donald’s three nephews?
Answer: Huey, Dewey and Louie
87. What was Goofy’s original name?
Answer: Dippy Dawg
88. What is the minimum height to play Goofy in the Disney theme parks?
Answer: 6 feet
89. Initially, Daisy Duck’s name was something else. What was she originally called?
Answer: Donna Duck
90. How many fingers does Mickey have on each hand?
91. In what short film did Mickey first appear?
Answer: Plane Crazy
92. What is the name of Mickey’s sister?
Answer: Amelia (or Felicity!) Fieldmouse
93. What was Mickey’s original name?
If this Disney trivia is too tough for the younger Mickey lovers in your life, try these trivia questions for kids.
Pixar movie trivia
From Up to Coco, it’s hard to beat Pixar when it comes to the best cartoon movies!
94. Which Toy Story movie first introduces Barbie as a character?
Answer: Toy Story 2
95. Which feature-length Pixar film was the first to be nominated for the Best Animated Feature Film Oscar?
Answer: Finding Nemo
96. How long can Elastigirl in The Incredibles stretch herself?
Answer: 98 feet
97. In Encanto, what is Mirabel’s father’s name?
98. True or false: A Bug’s Life is the first Pixar movie to have outtakes at the end.
99. What is WALL-E’s job?
Answer: Trash collector
100. In Up, where does Carl Fredricksen want to move his house?
Answer: Paradise Falls
101. Which are the four main emotion characters in Inside Out?
Answer: Joy, Sadness, Disgust and Anger
102. How many Piston Cups has Lightning McQueen won?
103. What is Chef Gusteau’s full name in Ratatouille?
Answer: Auguste Gusteau
104. Which famous artist makes an appearance as an animated character in Coco?
Answer: Frida Kahlo
105. In The Incredibles, what is Edna Mode’s rule for designing super suits?
Answer: No capes!
106. What is the name of the boy band in Turning Red?
107. What does Lotso the bear smell like in Toy Story 3?
108. Where does Luca take place?
Answer: Portorosso, Italy
109. What does “WALL·E” stand for?
Answer: Waste Allocation Load Lifter: Earth Class
What are the differences between Disneyland v. Walt Disney World, anyway?
110. At Disney’s California Adventure, how many different experiences are offered at Guardians of the Galaxy—Mission: Breakout!?
111. True or false: Autopia is one of the original attractions still operating at Disneyland.
112. How many times has the operational drawbridge at the front of Sleeping Beauty’s castle actually been used?
Answer: Twice (at the opening of the park and the reopening of Fantasyland)
113. What used to grow on the land where Disneyland now stands?
Answer: Orange trees
114. Which castle is taller: Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland or Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World?
Answer: Cinderella Castle
115. What are the names of The Haunted Mansion’s hitchhiking ghosts?
Answer: Ezra, Phineas and Gus
116. What is the only Disneyland attraction Walt Disney designed himself?
Answer: Tom Sawyer Island
117. How many attractions were open when Disneyland first made its public debut?
118. How much did park admission cost when Disneyland first opened?
119. Which ride is actually older than the park itself?
Answer: King Arthur’s Carousel (it was built in 1922)
120. What employee perk is hidden in the Matterhorn ride?
Answer: A basketball court