The 14 Best Butt-Lifting Leggings You Can Buy
In case you haven't heard, butt-lifting leggings are this year's official uniform.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
RD.com, Via merchant (3)
Best booty buys
Move over, shapewear. Butt-lifting leggings are stealing the spotlight. If you want a shapelier backside without doing endless squats, these leggings are your new best friend. Here are the best butt-lifting leggings you can buy. Need more comfy clothes? Then you’ll want to snag some of the best pajamas, leggings, joggers, and loungewear sets out there.
How we chose the best butt-lifting leggings
There are literally hundreds of butt-lifting leggings on the market. So, how did we pick the best leggings of the litter? We listened to shoppers. We looked for butt-lifting leggings that had hundreds of reviews. And we read lots of them. Every legging in this roundup has been road-tested and loved by women across America.
- Best overall: Alo Yoga High-Waist Airlift Legging
- Best “butt-crack” leggings: SEASUM High-Waist Tummy Control Slimming Booty Leggings
- Flirtiest rearview: Yogalicious High-Waist Squat-Proof Criss Cross V-Back Ankle-Length Leggings
- Best on Amazon: Core 10 Second Skin High-Waist Full-Length Yoga Legging
- Best contoured: Aoxjox Smile Contour Butt-Lifting High-Waisted Gym Yoga Pants
- Best for everyday wear: Alo Yoga 7/8 High-Waist Airbrush Legging
- Looks most like jeans: Spanx Jean-Ish Ankle Leggings
- Best with pockets: Yummie Rachel Shaping Legging with Side Pockets
- Best high-waisted: Alo Yoga Airbrush High-Waist Flutter Legging
- Best scrunch butt: CHRLEISURE Butt-Lifting Workout Leggings
- Looks most like dress pants: Yummie Ponte Shaping Legging with Pockets
- Best Lululemon: Lululemon Align High-Rise Pant
- Best for pop-star style: Alo Yoga High-Waist Moto Legging
- Best faux-leather option: Yummie Faux-Leather Shaping Legging with Side Zipper
Alo Yoga High-Waist Airlift Legging
Just like the name suggests, the Alo Yoga high-waist Airlift legging is so light, it feels like wearing nothing—while still delivering oomph thanks to a stretchy-but-strong lift. A second-skin fit is ideal for hot yoga and summertime runs since it’s light and breathable enough to prevent that stuffy feeling that’s all too common with activewear. Pair these versatile bottoms with running shoes for a workout or our favorite Amazon fashion for a night out.
- Breathable and moisture-wicking
- Smoothing and shaping fabric
- Light enough for summer
- Only goes up to size XL
Best “butt-crack” leggings
SEASUM High-Waist Tummy Control Slimming Booty Leggings
“Butt-crack leggings” is a cheeky description for a specific style of workout pants that took over social media and TikTok early in 2022. Thousands of users showed how their backsides went from flat to bubbly by donning a pair. Seasum’s leggings are the original pair that set social media on fire. Their butt-crack leggings have a dart-like waistband, honeycomb fabric texture, and a ruched seam that cuts straight through the butt—emphasizing the posterior and giving it shape. Here’s another TikTok trend we can’t get enough of.
- Comes in sizes XS to 4XL
- Available in 80 colors
- Moisture-wicking fabric with four-way stretch
- Some shades are more sheer than others
- May need to size up
Yogalicious High-Waist Squat-Proof Criss Cross V-Back Ankle-Length Leggings
Reviews for these butt-lifting leggings start with either “I love these leggings” or “These are the best leggings.” More than 1,300 women rave about the tummy control and butt-lifting qualities of these buttery soft leggings. According to users, these leggings feel like a second skin, and never ever pill.
- Curved V-back design to accentuate and lift the booty
- Wallet friendly
- Stretchy high waistband that stays put
- Leggings may be too long for women under five feet
- Limited color selection
Best on Amazon
Core 10 Second Skin High-Waist Full-Length Yoga Legging
Shoppers who stumble upon these Core 10 leggings are quick converts from higher-priced brands. In fact, some owners swear they’re the perfect dupe for higher-priced Lululemons. It’s a combination of the four-way stretch fabric and the curvy seams down the back that accentuate the behind. This style has a high waist and light compression, is ultra-lightweight, and has a hidden pocket in the waistband. By the way, this is how to properly wash your athleisure.
- High-performance fabric
- Passes the “bend over” test
- Waistband occasionally folds over during workouts
- Sells out quickly
- Fabric can pill if leggings are used constantly
Best contoured butt-lifting leggings
Aoxjox Smile Contour Butt-Lifting High-Waisted Gym Yoga Pants
You know the contouring makeup trend? Well, these Aoxjox leggings are using that same idea. They have contoured shading woven into the fabric to highlight the rearview. Reviewers call them “stretchy, soft, flattering on the booty, and thin but not too thin.” These stretchy legging have a high waist that doesn’t move, four-way stretch, and they’re seamless. Another highly rated pair of Amazon leggings our editors reviewed: Dragon Fit leggings.
- Contoured shadows highlight the butt and thighs
- Moderate compression
- Some reviewers note that the gusset seam started to unravel after a few months
- Pulling the leggings up too high may create a camel-toe effect
Best for everyday wear
Alo Yoga 7/8 High-Waist Airbrush Legging
Compression that doesn’t squash the booty could be Alo Yoga’s claim to fame. Their high-waisted 7/8 Airbrush leggings have tummy control and compression, but miraculously keep the booty looking perky. Reviewers rave that the fabric smooths lumps and bumps while not sacrificing comfort. When winter comes around, you can swap them out for these fleece-lined leggings.
- Passes the squat test
- Fabric wicks away moisture
- Comes in 11 opaque colors
- The cropped-leg length is more of an ankle-length on petite women
Looks most like jeans
Spanx Jean-Ish Ankle Leggings
Spanx Jean-Ish Ankle Leggings are a super comfortable pair of butt-lifting leggings that look more like jeans than yoga pants. The interior shaping panel and functional back pockets give your butt a lift, while Spanx technology slims the waist—and a defined waist accentuates the backside.
- Extremely comfortable
- Comes in tall, regular, and petite inseams
- Variety of colors and prints
- Frequently sells out
- Not the best choice for working out
Best butt-lifting leggings with pockets
Yummie Rachel Shaping Legging with Side Pockets
Looking for a pair of butt-lifting leggings with the added benefit of pockets? Look no further than Yummie’s Rachel leggings. They feature 360 degrees of shaping from the waist down to the ankle, for a comfortably slim silhouette. The back of the waistband curves up to allow for the all-important booty lift. And the pockets? They’re 11 inches deep, so they actually function while you run, stretch, or sit on the couch. Speaking of pocket function, what’s that tiny jeans pocket for?
- The back waistband is designed to uplift the booty, while the front holds in the tummy
- Deep pockets to store phone, keys, and even a water bottle
- Has compression
- Only two colors: gray and black
- Black leggings frequently sell out
Best high-waisted butt-lifting leggings
Alo Yoga Airbrush High-Waist Flutter Legging
There’s no need to settle for plain black leggings—these Airbrush high-waist Flutter leggings from Alo Yoga add a little pizzazz to activewear and lounge ‘fits alike. A front panel smoothes the tummy, while a flattering slit in the front of the legging adds visual interest and makes it easier to see those cool chunky sneakers.
- Front-smoothing panel
- On-trend flare leg
- Can run long for shorter folks
Best scrunch butt leggings
CHRLEISURE Butt-Lifting Workout Leggings
“Scrunch butt” leggings are similar to “butt-crack” leggings in that both styles have a seam that runs down the backside. Scrunch butt also features ruching between the cheeks to accentuate your backside. They call a lot of attention to the butt, and they also provide a noticeable lift in the rear and a high waist to smooth the tummy.
- Seamless design
- Shaded fabric also accentuates booty
- High waist
- Available in 18 colors and prints
- Lighter colors are more sheer
Looks most like dress pants
Yummie Ponte Shaping Legging with Pockets
If the thought of swapping your comfy work-from-home leggings for business attire stresses you out, we have the solution: butt-lifting leggings that look like dress pants. Yummie Ponte Shaping Leggings feature a high rayon content for a refined look that’s super soft. The material slims the hips and legs, smooths the tummy, and lifts the rear. Functional back pockets accentuate your shape and give these leggings an “I put on real pants today” look. For more comfortable office attire, check out these casual work dresses.
- Stylish and butt-lifting dress pants
- Comes in sizes XS to XL
- Machine washable
- Only comes in black or gray
Best Lululemon butt-lifting leggings
Lululemon Align High-Rise Pant
Lululemon is beloved for providing high-quality athleisure that looks cute, stays in place through any workout, and lasts season after season. If you want Lululemon’s best butt-lifting leggings, these slightly cropped yoga leggings do the job beautifully. Made with sweat-wicking fabric that has four-way stretch, they’ll keep you cool working out or relaxing. Here are more great options for workout attire that stands up to sweat.
- Lycra is woven into the fabric for added stretch that keeps its shape
- Feels like wearing nothing
- Comes in 24 colors
- Petite women may find the cropped style is more of an ankle-length legging
Best for channeling your pop-star style
Alo Yoga High-Waist Moto Legging
If you’ve ever fantasized about riding off into the sunset on a motorcycle, these are your leggings. Alo’s Moto Leggings are designed to sculpt, lift, and make your booty look spectacular. Shiny fabric inserts pop from the matte legging fabric, and the openings are covered with mesh. The material is moisture-wicking and has a four-way stretch.
- Can be worn as fashion leggings as well as while working out
- Has compression
- Passes the squat test
- Colors and materials don’t fade after washing
- Thick fabric might be too heavy for intensive workouts
- Some petite buyers felt the leggings were too long
- Should be hand-washed
Best faux-leather butt-lifting leggings
Yummie Faux-Leather Shaping Legging with Side Zipper
Leather leggings are a closet staple: They go with everything, add sophistication to simple sweaters, and look like you tried way harder than you actually did. If you want a faux-leather legging that also lifts your butt, this is your pair. The two-ply signature waistband smoothes your waist and tummy while the curve in the back of the waistband lifts your rear. Next, add these best workout shorts for women to your cart.
- Classic style you can wear forever
- Available in four colors
- Comes in sizes XS to 3XL
- Too hot to wear in warm weather
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone, and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.