12 Best Vacuum-Mop Combos with Near-Perfect Reviews for 2023
Clean your floors in half the time with the best vacuum-mop combo. Trust us, you won't know how you ever lived without one.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
RD.com, Via Merchants (3)
According to experts, you should be mopping your floors twice a week. However, if that’s a three-step process involving sweeping, vacuuming and then mopping, who really has the time? Especially if you’re not even sure how to mop floors the right way! When it comes to multitasking, the best vacuum-mop combo goes one step further than even the best robot mops.
It’s a genius combination of the best vacuums and best mops, saving you a ton of time, energy and hassle—plus, your house will be the cleanest it has ever been. To help you sort through the options, we’ve rounded up the best vacuum-mop combo models with near-perfect ratings. Most of them will clean any hard surface in your house, including hardwood, vinyl and even low pile area rugs. The only thing they won’t clean is your car, but don’t worry. Once you’ve found the best vacuum-mop combo, you can check out the best car vacuums.
The best vacuum-mop combo picks
- Best overall vacuum mop: Bissell CrossWave X7 Cordless Pet Pro
- Best value vacuum mop: Shark VacMop Pro
- Best splurge vacuum mop: Roborock S7+
- Best vacuum mop on Amazon: Bissell CrossWave
- Best upright vacuum mop: Tineco Floor One S3
- Best cordless vacuum mop: Bissell CrossWave Cordless Max
- Best vacuum mop for pets: Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro
- Best vacuum mop for families: iLife V5s Pro 2
- Best vacuum mop for large homes: eufy Robovac L70 Hybrid
- Best vacuum mop for smaller spaces: iRobot Braava Jet 240
- Best robot vacuum mop: Ecovacs Deebot N8
- Best vacuum mop for furniture: Shark AI VacMop Robot
Best overall vacuum-mop combo
Bissell CrossWave X7 Cordless Pet Pro
Bissell’s newest addition to the CrossWave line is a dream come true. It’s everything we already love about the CrossWave Cordless Max, but with added technology to handle tough pet messes. This Crosswave X7 mop and vacuum for pet owners features three different cleaning modes: Hard Floor Mode, Area Rug Mode and the new Turbo Pet Mode, which pick ups everything from accidents to muddy paw prints. For a handheld version, try the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser.
Reader’s Digest Senior Editor Dawn Yanek calls this is the best vacuum-mop combo out there. She loves the LED headlights, which illuminate pet hair, dirt and dust. She also notes how easy it is to switch back and forth between the vacuum and mop settings—a button starts the vacuum, and a trigger activates the mop. The machine also has two-tank technology: The clean water tank dispenses fresh solution onto the floor, while the dirty water tank stores the soiled water, pet hair, dirt and debris. When you’re finished, the self-clean cycle flushes everything out, leaving it ready for your next cleaning.
- Exceptional wet dry vacuum with added features for pets
- Lightest of the CrossWave machines
- Works on both hard floors and area rugs
- Features three cleaning modes
- Easy maneuvering
- Self-clean cycle flushes the tanks automatically
- Available at Bissell and Amazon
- Highest price point in the CrossWave line
- You’ll need to refill and empty the tanks frequently if you’re working on a big space
Best mop vacuum value
Shark VacMop Cordless Pro
When it comes to cleaning your floors, it doesn’t get more convenient or more affordable than the Shark VacMop Pro. This cordless wonder will vacuum up small debris on your hard floors as it mops, rather than just pushing the dirt and dust around. Once you’re finished, simply toss the disposable pad in the trash.
There are 18,000+ five-star reviews on Amazon that also rave about this best vacuum mop combo. Verified purchaser Gina calls it her “new best friend,” adding, “Clicking off the dirty pad was super easy and I didn’t have to touch anything icky.” That’s right—there are no tanks or canisters to clean. Here’s an even more in-depth review of the Shark VacMop by our Executive Shopping Editor Megan Wood, who says, “Now that I’ve tested the VacMop Pro in two homes, I’m impressed. It’s the perfect lightweight and hassle-free solution for quick cleanups.”
- Affordable at less than $100
- Uses a cleaning solution as opposed to just water, like some other vacuum mops
- Lightweight design makes it easy to clean up spills
- Portable cordless design
- Available at Shark, Amazon, Walmart and Target
- You have to buy disposable pad refills
Best splurge vacuum mop
In the world of robot cleaners, the Roborock S7+ is arguably the most popular and best robot vacuum and mop on the market. The newest addition to the Roborock line has already sold out twice since its release, so you’ll definitely want to jump on this one. Amazon reviewer Jason L. writes: “This is THE BEST 2-in-1 vacuum/mopping robot money can buy! If you plan on cleaning hard floor surfaces and carpets, just do yourself a favor and get this robot vacuum!”
Along with improved navigation, the S7+ also allows you to control the water flow, change the cleaning mode and clean specific rooms using either the app or Alexa. It effectively vacuums all floor types, including carpets, but it lets you set no-mop zones to protect your carpets from getting wet. But the real splurge-worthy feature here is the auto-empty station, which empties your robot automatically after cleaning. Here are another 30 brilliant Amazon products with practically perfect reviews.
- Top-of-the-line features and design
- 180-minute battery life, making this ideal for larger homes
- Smoothly transitions between hard floors and carpets
- Auto-empty station
- Tank can go approximately eight weeks before needing to be emptied
- Can be controlled via app or Amazon’s Alexa
- Available at Amazon and Walmart
- High price point
- Only water is recommended for use in the tank. If you prefer a cleaning solution, this machine may not be for you.
Best vacuum-mop combo on Amazon
When it comes to the best vacuum-mop combo models, Bissell leads the charge. Its revolutionary CrossWave has garnered thousands of five-star reviews, making it a top choice for the best Amazon vacuums. The CrossWave vacuums as it mops, as opposed to just pushing around dirty water the way a traditional mop does. Its two-tank system ensures that dirty water always stays separate from clean water. With this vacuum mop, your floors will actually be as clean as you’ve always hoped.
“I’ve owned this for over two years and it’s still going strong,” writes Amazon reviewer Nicole R. “This baby has taken care of vomit, urine and feces on my area rug. It has also washed, vacuumed and (mostly) dried my hardwood and tile floors. I’m always impressed with the amount of nasty water I dump out after each use.” These aren’t the only bodily fluids that are tough to get out—here’s how to remove blood from carpet.
- More than 17,000 five-star Amazon reviews
- Moderately priced
- Double tanks separate clean and dirty water
- Designed for all floor types including area rugs
- Available at Bissell, Amazon and Kohl’s
- Not cordless
Best upright vacuum mop
Tineco iFloor 3 Vacuum-Mop
Executive Shopping Editor Megan Wood thought her floors were super clean until she tried the Tineco iFloor 3 Vacuum-Mop and the dirty water tank told a completely different story. In her full review of the Tineco iFloor 3, she swears that this mop changed her entire cleaning life. Even after vacuum-mopping her floor about 100 times, the water tank still comes out as black as a cup of coffee.
Unlike your regular mop, which pushes dirty water around your floor, this vacuum has two tanks: one for clean water and one for dirty water. The suction pulls up dirt, dog hair, dust and debris while the damp spongy roller washes the floors. Wood says she can usually suck up a pile of dog food and mop a muddy footprint away with just one gentle pass.
- Easy-to-use upright design
- Editor-tested and approved
- Cordless—no tripping on wires or having to plug and unplug
- Smart digital display alerts you when the vacuum is charged or if it’s blocked
- Docking station stores, cleans and charges the vacuum
- Quiet (watch TV while you vacuum!)
- Available at Amazon, Target and Walmart
- You may have to refill the water tank mid-clean in larger homes (though the Tineco S5 has a larger water tank if you want to upgrade)
- Not for use on carpets or rugs
Best cordless vacuum mop
Bissell CrossWave Cordless Max
The Bissell CrossWave Cordless Max cleans up wet and dry messes on hard floors and area rugs in a matter of seconds. With enhanced edge cleaning and a pet-hair strainer, this best cordless mop vacuum is beloved by consumers for its convenience. Our favorite part is the self-cleaning feature. Just dock your machine and its two-tank technology will take care of the rest with the click of a button. If you’re dealing with tough carpet stains, you might want to try this viral carpet spot remover or the Bissell Little Green machine.
“I’ve been using the Bissell CrossWave for a little over two months now with pets and young children—2,500 square feet of a mixture of tile, hardwood, rugs and laminate,” writes reviewer Miranda C Lewis on Amazon. She continues, “I am so impressed with this thing! It picks up everything! It cuts my cleaning down considerably being able to vacuum and mop at the same time. Not to mention being able to move from room to room without a cord to plug in…For us clean freaks, this is the perfect tool!”
- Cordless design means no tripping over cables
- Self-cleaning dock
- Picks up everything from dirt and debris to yogurt spills
- Switches easily between hard floors and low pile area rugs
- Available at Bissell, Amazon and Walmart
- Not specifically designed for homes with pets
Best vacuum mop for pet owners
Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro
If there’s one thing Bissell loves more than vacuums, it’s pets. In fact, a portion of every sale from this wet dry vac is donated to Bissell’s own pet foundation that helps save homeless animals. With the Pet Pro model, Bissell took its already awesome CrossWave one step further, tailoring it specifically for the challenges facing pet parents. The all-in-one cleaner features a tangle-free brush roll and pet-hair strainer, so no matter how much of your four-legged friend’s hair ends up on your floors, you can rest assured that this machine will handle it.
“We have five birds and five dogs that create a lot of mess. This is such a time saver,” writes verified purchaser Janene on Amazon. “I’ve tried many different vacuums and none of them picked up the little pieces birds leave and dog hair. This gets the little pieces, picks up dried bird poop and can clean area carpet too. It cuts my cleaning time greatly. It’s worth every cent.” (For a different pet hair solution, these dog breeds don’t shed.)
- Designed with pet cleanup in mind
- Perfect for spot cleaning
- Doesn’t clog thanks to the pet-hair strainer
- Supports Bissell’s pet foundation
- Available at Bissell, Amazon and Kohl’s
- You have to empty the pet-hair strainer by hand
Best vacuum mop for families
iLife V5s Pro 2
The iLife V5s Pro 2 is a robotic vacuum that sucks up dirt, debris, pet hair and dust from your hard floors and low-pile carpets. Once that’s done, install the water tank and mop cloth, program your preferred schedule and the iLife will handle the rest. Like its predecessor, the iLife V5s Pro 2 has a slim disc design that enables it to get underneath furniture without getting stuck.
The real difference is in the upgraded Smart Gyro Navigation technology, which cleans your floors more efficiently and in less time. Amazon reviewer Fisher Bunch writes: “It gets under counters, tables and places that the larger vacuum cannot. We did a lot of research before this purchase, and this has yet to disappoint…it is the greatest value out there!” Here are even more products that’ll clean your house in less than an hour.
- Effectively cleans just about everything—hair, dirt, debris, dust, carpets and floors
- Slim, lightweight design
- Updated mapping technology
- 120-minute battery life
- Available at Amazon and Walmart
- Doesn’t have an auto-empty dock, so you’ll have to manually empty the dustbin after each use
Best vacuum mop for large homes
Eufy Robovac L70 Hybrid
As a part of the Anker Innovations brand, Eufy has made a name for itself with sleek smart home devices and appliances, and the Robovac L70 Hybrid vacuum mop is no exception. It’s equipped with iPath laser navigation and real-time mapping, so you can customize cleaning for your home, and it’s even safe to use up stairs. Plus, this machine boasts a 2.5-hour run time, so it’s an excellent choice for larger homes.
“Our home is 3,100 sq. feet on one floor. It stores the map of the home in its memory, which you can then access via the app,” writes Amazon verified purchaser Joni. “Simply draw a zone on the map and tell it to clean that zone. It makes a beeline to that zone and then vacuums it like a farmer plows a field, row after row with a little overlap. My floors have never been cleaner!” Don’t miss these 10 places you’re not vacuuming, but should be.
- Perfect for larger homes with a 2.5-hour run time—longer than any other vacuum mop on our list
- Laser navigation and real-time mapping
- Mopping power can be adjusted based on floor type
- Works on low and medium pile carpets
- Available at Walmart and Amazon
- Not slim enough to fit under some furniture or in tighter spaces
Best vacuum mop for small spaces
iRobot Braava Jet 240
Sweep and mop all of your home’s hard-to-reach spots with the compact iRobot Braava Jet 240, whose square design helps it get into those tight corners. The Braava automatically selects the correct cleaning mode based on the pad you put on: dry sweeping for picking up dirt, dust, and hair; damp sweeping for dirt and dust; or wet mopping for dirt and stains. When you’re finished, simply pick up your Braava by its handle and eject the cleaning pad with the click of a button.
Amazon reviewer Peter Harrison calls it the “perfect robomop for a smaller home.” He writes: “Despite using nothing more than water and a reusable mopping pad, the Braava got everything cleaned up and the floor looked great. Better yet, walking around barefoot, my wife and I could feel how much cleaner the floor was!” FYI, here are the best ways to clean hardwood floors.
- Compact size ideal for smaller spaces
- Clever square design gets into tiny nooks
- Gets around sinks, toilets and furniture with ease
- Quiet while running
- Available at Amazon, iRobot and Walmart
- For hard floors only
Best robot vacuum and mop
Ecovacs Deebot N8 Pro+
With an almost two-hour run time, the Ecovacs Deebot N8 Pro+ is the best robot vacuum and mop that can clean up to 2,000 square feet on a single charge, meaning you can literally clean your house in your sleep. It also has multi-floor mapping, ensuring that it cleans efficiently even when moved to a different floor of your home. The N8 Pro+ has powerful suction and can vacuum on all surfaces, but thanks to its carpet detection, it will avoid your carpets completely while in mop mode.
Verified Amazon purchaser Boone Z. writes: “We have about a 2,000 sq ft home with tile floors and two kids. This thing is AMAZING! First, it goes around the home cleaning and mapping everything out. In the app, you can see exactly where it has gone, and it automatically creates rooms and areas you, and you can adjust if needed. We have a mostly open floor plan, but it understood where the living room versus the kitchen would be, and all the rooms and hallways. The mopping attachment is terrific!” Next, learn these clever hacks from professional cleaners to keep your house spick-and-span.
- Convenient robotic technology
- Two-hour run time
- Multi-floor mapping
- Doesn’t get floors too wet
- User-friendly app
- Three-layer filter captures 99 percent of even the smallest particles
- Available at Amazon and Walmart
- Auto-empty station only empties the dustbin, not the water tank
Best vacuum mop for furniture
Shark AI VacMop Robot
The original Shark VacMop was already one of our favorite machines, so we were thrilled when this best vacuum brand released the VacMop Robot. This smart wet dry vacuum has powerful suction, sonic mopping and an UltraClean Mode for when you need a deep clean. Some robot vacs simply can’t handle a home with a lot of furniture, but that’s not an issue with this one.
We love how user-friendly the app is: It’s easy to set your cleaning schedule, initiate on-demand cleaning and activate the UltraClean Mode. It also features AI Laser Navigation to ensure that it covers your entire home, while detecting and avoiding objects four inches high or taller. No bumping into furniture! While it might not be the cheapest vacuum, it’s worth it to never have to lift a finger to clean your home!
- Detects and avoids objects four inches or taller
- Easy to use
- Sonic mopping scrubs floors at high speeds to break down messes
- Cleans tough stains on hard floors thanks to its UltraClean Mode
- Available at Amazon, Walmart and Shark
- Mapping can take several days
What to consider when looking for the best vacuum-mop combo
Not only will the best vacuum-mop combo save you time and effort, it will leave your floors cleaner than a standard mop. Traditional mops actually push dirty water around on your floors, which leaves them anything but truly clean. Many vacuum-mop combos, on the other hand, have two tanks: one that you fill with clean water, and one to suck up and hold the dirty water, dirt, hair and debris. They are also on par with some of the best cordless vacuums and handheld vacuums in terms of convenience.
How we chose the best vacuum-mop combos
As shopping experts, our only job is to help you find a winning product. We start with the research and reporting basics—what products are made of, what they look like and how much they cost—to ensure that we’re only recommending the buys that are worth your time and money. Then, we research the features that speak to the product’s quality, taking advice from industry insiders and subject matter experts on what makes a product a smart value (or worthy of a splurge). Finally, we do the work of combing through user reviews to see how real people interact with the product, and if it stands up to the test.
Are vacuum-mop combos worth it?
The best vacuum-mop combo models are a worthwhile investment based on convenience alone. They cut down a cleaning schedule in the best way by combining the power of a vacuum and a mop. Just keep in mind, they may not be as effective for cleaning grout on tile floors than traditional mops.
How often should you vacuum and mop?
Think about how much dirt, dust and debris your shoes and feet track inside the house. Whether you live in an apartment or two-story house, vacuuming and mopping should be part of your regular cleaning routine. Anywhere between one to three times a week should be sufficient.
How long do vac mops last?
A vacuum-mop combo can last for years as long as it receives proper maintenance. Check the filters, clean the tanks and make sure it’s not sucking up anything that can break the machine. If you’re in the market for the best vacuum-mop combo, check out these vacuum deals (you may even find a deal on a Dyson).
Where do I store a vacuum-mop?
Just like any home appliance, it’s important to store a vac mop in a secure area. Some include wall hooks, while others do just fine in a utility closet. If you’re dealing with a robot vacuum, check out our tips on where to store a Roomba.
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.