The 8 Best Robot Vacuums of 2023, According to Raving Reviews
The people have spoken! We found the best robot vacuum options with rave reviews that'll leave your home spotless.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
RD.COM, VIA MERCHANT (3)
When they first launched in 2002, robot vacuums seemed like luxurious, futuristic cleaning appliances that were beyond the everyday person’s reach. Well, the future is here and so are the best robot vacuums for every type of room and budget. More of these dependable vacuums are available at a variety of price points than ever, so there’s really no excuse to skip this time-saving appliance.
They offer both vacuuming and mopping abilities for houses big and small. That means enjoying the benefits of kicking back and relaxing while these hands-off cordless vacuums do the hard work for you. Some are ranked among the best vacuums for pet hair and the most impressive vacuum-mop combos.
The best robot vacuum picks
- Best overall: Wyze Robot Vacuum
- Best budget: Eufy RoboVac 11S
- Best for pets: Roborock E4 Robot
- Best splurge: iRobot Roomba i7+
- Best robot vacuum and mop combo: Bissell SpinWave Robotic Mop and Vacuum
- Best self-emptying: Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty XL
- Most quiet: Eufy RoboVac 30C
- Best for carpets: Samsung Jet Bot+
Best overall robot vacuum
Wyze Robot Vacuum
With just a click of a button, you’ll be on your way to cleaner floors with the Wyze Robot Vacuum. Our pick for the best overall robot vacuum, this little machine tackles hair and debris on both carpet and hardwood floors, and it’s even self-charging!
The Wyze robot is controllable via phone app. It maps floors and divides rooms by sections to create the most efficient path. If there are areas where the bot is off limits, create “virtual walls” to ensure it stays on the right path. You can even schedule the bot to clean on a schedule. After the job is done (or the battery is low), the machine docks itself for a charge.
- Edge sweeping brushes promise a full 360-clean
- Maps the room with a LiDAR sensor and phone app
- Cleans all surfaces, included hard flooring and carpet
- Can cross height gaps up to 20mm high
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Modest price point
- Available on Wyze, Amazon and Walmart
- The tech has some bugs that may cause it to get “lost” during use
Best value robot vacuum
Eufy RoboVac 11S
“You don’t need to shell out a grand for a good robotic vacuum,” according to Consumer Reports. “The Eufy RoboVac 11S earns a Very Good rating in our carpet cleaning test and does even better on bare floors.” It’s the best budget robot vacuum on our list, and for good reason.
While the rest of the review claims that some consumers found scattered debris, most users say this vacuum gets the job done—and in fact, more than 44,000 happy customers on Amazon give it five stars. Plus, Eufy robotic vacuums are reliable appliances, meaning this model likely won’t break down within the next three years.
- Affordable price point, especially for first-time robot vacuum owners
- Runs up to 100 minutes
- Ultra-slim design helps it glide underneath furniture
- Multi-surface cleaning, including hard floors and medium-pile carpets
- Quiet motor isn’t disruptive
- Drop-sensing tech won’t let it fall down the stairs
- 64,000 Amazon ratings and a 4.4-star average
- Available on Amazon, Eufy and Walmart
- No cleaning pattern
- Not WiFi-enabled
Best robot vacuum for pet owners
Do you have pet hair everywhere? The Roborock E4 may very well be the best robot vacuum for pets and yourself. In addition to an effective cleaning routine and a carpet boost, it has a long-lasting battery time and a large dustbin. It also combines the power of a vacuum and mop to clean up pet messes and cover larger homes. Control the Roborock E4 with your phone or Alexa device.
“We have two kids and a Golden Retriever who sheds incessantly. We have laminate floors and carpet, and this does a great job for both,” writes Amazon reviewer Mike Tate. “It picks up ALL the dog fur and dirt/grass/small yard debris, leaving the laminate floors a pleasure to walk on barefoot. It finishes with a pass around the perimeter, which is 99.8% effective. Of course because of its round shape, it won’t get all the dust in the very corners, but the suction is strong enough to pull all the dog fur out of the corners, leaving next to nothing.”
- Strong suction power sucks up animal hair
- Three-hour battery life
- Large dustbin holds plenty of debris
- Ideal for large rooms or entire floors
- Excellent on all carpet piles
- Can be controlled via phone or Alexa device
- 2,200 Amazon ratings and a 4.2-star average
- Available on Amazon and Walmart
- Some consumers have reported that it gets stuck on thresholds
Best splurge robot vacuum
iRobot Roomba i7+
With the iRobot Roomba i7+, you can forget about cleaning your carpets for hours—because this Roomba won’t. It comes with a clean base automatic dirt disposal system that makes even robotic cleaning less of a chore. It also works with Google Home, so cleaning messes in the moment can be as easy as saying, “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” Read up on where (and where not) to store a Roomba.
“I have been using the iRobot Roomba i7 for about a month. Because it’s expensive, I have been actively looking for things that it does ‘wrong’ or that I don’t like. Needless to say, I have failed because it is awesome,” says Amazon reviewer Amy Dru. “It is much quieter [than other Roomba models], and the noise it makes is not a high pitch that worries our dog. Plus, the automatic dirt disposal base makes cleaning Roomba a weekly or monthly job instead of a daily job. We have not had to empty the bin yet!”
- Maps the home for automatic cleaning
- Large self-cleaning dustbin
- Quieter motor than other robot vacuums
- Strong suction
- Can easily reach hard-to-access places like under tables, thanks to advanced maneuvering
- Google Home voice-controlled
- 13,000 Amazon ratings and a 4.4-star average
- Available at Amazon, iRobot, Wayfair and Walmart
- Higher price point than other robotic vacuums on the market, though easily worth it
Best robot vacuum and mop combo
Bissell SpinWave Robotic Mop and Vacuum
Looking for a robot vacuum that can do it all? The Bissell SpinWave Hard Floor Expert Wet and Dry vacuum may be the answer to all your cleaning prayers. With a triple cleaning system, this tiny but mighty vacuum-mop combo comes with dual spinning brushes and a rotating brush roll. The powerful suction tackles the worst household debris and pet hair problems. It’s a robotic rival to the Tineco iFloor 3 that we can’t stop raving about thanks to brilliant maneuvering and a unique approach to lifting dirt and set-in gunk.
“The fact that this is more than a vacuum is wonderful,” writes Amazon reviewer Tony Gillund. “The mop feature is beautifully designed being behind the vacuum section; thus, allowing the vacuum to clean before the mop pads go into action. Additionally, I love the simple ability to remove the mop pads to be able to throw them in the washer.
- Combines mopping and vacuuming functions into one little robot
- Runs quietly
- Avoids mopping area rugs and carpet
- Powerful suction
- Dual-spinning brushes
- Can be used to tackle tough pet hair
- Available at Bissell, Amazon and Walmart
- No built-in navigation system, though it maneuvers between flooring types and furniture with ease
Best self-emptying robot vacuum
Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty XL
With the app-controlled, WiFi-enabled Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty XL, you can set it and forget it for up to 30 days. It comes with a bagless, self-emptying base and works with Alexa so that deep cleaning can happen with just the sound of your voice. This best self-emptying robot vacuum is also one of the fast house-cleaning products you’ll wish you knew about sooner. For even more Shark cleaning power, try the Shark VacMop our editor loves.
Pet owners say the Shark IQ is a brilliant choice for fur-covered floors. It’ll quickly whisk pet hair and dander away without making much noise at all, a feature that has earned it top marks with Amazon reviewers. Plus, this robot vacuum is engineered with total home mapping and room select, so you can rest assured that it’s getting into all the right spots.
“The product exceeds my expectations!” says Amazon reviewer Mick, who gave it five stars. “I schedule cleaning to happen an hour before I arrive home during the weekdays and Saturday and Sunday an hour before I wake up. The daily vacuuming is noticeable and very enjoyable!”
- Empties the dustbin on its own
- Large self-cleaning dustbin
- Powerful suction
- Total home mapping and room select
- Works well on most debris types including pet hair and dander
- 27,000 Amazon ratings and a 4.3-star average
- Available at Walmart and Amazon
- Noisier than some smaller models
Most quiet robot vacuum
Eufy RoboVac 30C
“The Eufy 30C is an extremely quiet vacuum,” raves Consumer Reports. “Our testers note that they couldn’t tell if it was on or running, which makes it a great choice for those who might need to run a robotic vac while they’re home.” The Eufy robot vacuum is also a great housewarming gift.
Besides being one of the quietest and overall best robot vacuum models on the market, this small cleaning machine also boasts a manageable price point. It earned an Excellent rating from Consumer Reports for bare floors and carpets, and continues to impress customers with inclusions like free boundary strips.
- Sweeps and then suctions hardwood and tile floors to a perfectly clean finish
- Quiet motor and suction
- Affordable price
- Multi-surface cleaning
- 14,000 Amazon ratings and a 4.4-star average
- Available at Eufy, Amazon and Walmart
- Some consumers have reported larger debris like dog treats and legos get easily get caught in the wheels
Best robot vacuum for carpets
Samsung Jet Bot+
If an upright vacuum isn’t cleaning the way it should anymore, the Samsung Jet Bot+ is a worthwhile replacement. This best robot vacuum for carpet uses LiDAR sensors that can be controlled and tracked on your phone. Specify which areas the bot should be cleaning and rest assured that the brush won’t be tangled with debris.
While the Jet Bot+ has high cleaning power on almost every floor type, it has even higher suction on carpets and rugs. A five-layer HEPA filter system purifies the air from dust. Don’t get your hands dirty—the CleanStation removes dust automatically using Air Pulse technology.
- Has high suction power on carpets and rugs
- Customizable and trackable via cell phone
- Compatible with Bixby, Google Home and Alexa
- The 0.3 liter dustbin is removable and washable
- Five-layer HEPA filtration system
- 800 Amazon ratings and a 4.3-star average
- Available at Amazon, Samsung and Target
- Some reviewers note that if it gets stuck, it goes into sleep mode
What to look for when buying the best robot vacuum
One of the best parts about robot vacuums is they require little to no elbow grease, unlike upright devices, car vacuums and handheld vacuums. When shopping, you’ll want to look for components like battery life, size and suction power. Some robot vacuum models also come with special features like WiFi connectivity and built-in mop heads. The most advanced options even have built-in cameras.
How we chose the best robot vacuum
As shopping experts, our only job is to help you find a winning product. We start with the research and reporting basics—what products are made of, what they look like and how much they cost—to ensure that we’re only recommending the buys that are worth your time and money. Then, we research the features that speak to the product’s quality, taking advice from industry insiders and subject matter experts on what makes a product a smart value (or worthy of a splurge). Finally, we do the work of combing through user reviews to see how real people interact with the product, and if it stands up to the test.
Do robot vacuums really work?
Robotic vacuums absolutely work. These smart devices cut clean time in half without lifting a finger. The best robot vacuum models offer strong suction, quiet motors and hands-free cleaning that makes life easier than ever before.
Are robot vacuums worth it?
There are robot vacuums to honor every price, budget and style preference. Whether you have less than $200 to spend or over $1,000, these smart investments can free up your personal time and offer a hygienic home environment. Check out these Dyson deals if you’re looking to save.
How long do robot vacuums last?
We chose the best robot vacuum models based on their design, capabilities and overall value, but also their longevity and durability. A good robot vacuum should last at least three to five years without any worries, sometimes far longer. Just remember to routinely empty your dustbin. For an extra boost of fresh air, pair it with an air purifier.
Do robot vacuums work on carpet?
Many robot vacuums are actually designed to work seamlessly between hardwood, tile and carpets. Most work just as well as other pet hair removers, such as the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. The majority of robot vacuums can easily handle low-pile area rugs, while those with more robust motors can tackle even high-pile carpeting.
With additional reporting by Bryce Gruber.
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.
Source: Consumer Reports: “Vacuum Cleaners”