The 100 Greatest Compliments You Could Ever Give or Receive
A little love goes a long way with these uniquely personal compliments
If you see something, say something nice
Kindness is contagious. And what better way to spread it than by complimenting others? It’s not hard to learn how to give a compliment: just let it come from the heart. Keep it appropriate—you never want to come off as creepy—but don’t be embarrassed to sincerely tell someone what you love about them. If your friend always makes you smile or your cousin has a great sense of style, tell them! A positive attitude is the biggest secret to how to be happy. Letting people know how much you appreciate them will benefit not only you but your whole community as people pay the kindness forward. If you aren’t sure where to start, don’t worry. We’ve rounded up 100 of the best compliments to help spread the love.
Compliments for friends
1. It’s so good to hear your voice.
2. Talking with you makes my day.
3. I love the way you see the world.
4. You make even the most boring things fun.
5. You bring so much happiness to my life.
6. I really admire your skills. You’re so talented!
7. You have great taste in music.
8. I’m so proud of you.
9. Your smile is infectious.
10. I love joking with you.
11. I really value your opinion. I love to hear your thoughts!
12. Your strength inspires me. You’re so brave!
13. You make people feel comfortable.
14. Your personality really shines.
15. I’m so grateful to have you in my life.
16. You’re such a great listener. You always make me feel heard.
17. You’re so funny, you always make me laugh.
18. Your confidence inspires me.
19. Your friendship means the world to me. You make my life so much better.
20. You’re the brightest person I know.
Compliments for family
21. You work so hard for this family.
22. You’re so loving, even when life gets crazy.
23. You are so supportive of all my hopes and dreams.
24. You make me feel safe.
25. I know I’m home when I’m with you.
26. I love your crazy sense of humor.
27. There’s no one else I’d rather do life with.
28. I love the home we’ve made together.
29. I’m so lucky you’re my family.
30. I always want you by my side.
31. I love your laugh.
32. Your kindness shows in everything you do.
33. You challenge me to be a better person every day.
34. I love that we grow through difficult times together.
35. You have the best family recipe.
36. Don’t tell the others, but you’re my favorite.
37. Adventures with you keep life interesting!
38. Our family is better because you’re in it.
39. You bring this family so much happiness.
40. I love every second we get to spend together.
Sharing these words to compliment your loved ones is a great way to feel happier at home.
Compliments for co-workers
41. You are such a hard worker. Your dedication inspires me.
42. You’re a great team player.
43. You do so much for the team. We couldn’t do it without you!
44. I know I can always count on you!
45. I love your insights.
46. I admire your attention to detail.
47. Your positive attitude always makes me smile.
48. We make a great team, I love collaborating.
49. You always do such a great job on projects.
50. I always learn something from you when we talk.
51. You’re a great leader. You really bring out the best in people.
52. I really admire how good you are with numbers. You’re a math whiz!
53. You’re such a great writer. Your reports are always on point!
54. You always go the extra mile.
55. You’re so patient, no matter how busy you are.
56. I really enjoy getting to work with you.
57. I’m lucky to have such a great colleague!
58. I really admire your creativity.
59. I love your out-of-the-box thinking!
60. You’re so productive. I have no idea how you do so much!
Beyond these nice compliments, you could also share these funny work quotes with a co-worker to make them laugh.
Compliments for men
61. I like your haircut.
62. You look so handsome.
63. I love how gentle you are with animals.
64. You’re great with kids!
65. You’re such a good chef. Can I have the recipe?
66. I admire your drive and dedication.
67. I love your bad puns.
68. You have a warm smile.
69. You look really fit. What’s your secret?
70. I love how responsible you are.
71. You’re really trustworthy.
72. You have interesting hobbies.
73. I love that you’re curious and always learning new things.
74. You’re a really kind person.
75. I really respect how you stand up for what you believe in.
76. You’re a great communicator.
77. You’re so reliable. You’re always there for the people you love.
78. I appreciate how open-minded you are.
79. You have an interesting perspective on life.
80. You’re a fast learner.
Don’t miss the best compliments for every zodiac sign.
Compliments for women
81. That color looks great on you.
82. I love how passionate you are about your interests.
83. I know you can do anything you set your mind to.
84. I really admire how you handle difficult situations.
85. You have great ideas.
86. I love your outfit.
87. You’re a great conversationalist.
88. You tell amazing stories.
89. You’re really adventurous. I’m always impressed!
90. I love your sense of design.
91. I love the way you treat people. You make everyone feel special.
92. You’re so unique. There’s no one quite like you!
93. You’re so resilient, it’s inspiring.
94. You always have something nice to say about people.
95. I admire how good you are at multitasking.
96. I love how you try new things.
97. You have a really nice voice—I love listening to you talk.
98. You’re so grounded and practical.
99. I really admire your discipline, even when things are hard.
100. You’re so emotionally intelligent!
These unique compliments will help show your love to everybody in your life. Next, find out the compliments you should be giving every day.