Reader’s Digest Book Club April Book Sweepstakes (#630) Official Rules
NO PURCHASE, SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN ENTRY’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
The “Reader’s Digest Book Club April Book” Sweepstakes (#630) (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Trusted Media Brands, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) on April 12, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on April 19, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Deadline Date”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States, its territories and possessions, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor and/or its affiliated or subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and immediate family members and members of the same household of any such employees, officers, directors or agents are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Subject to paragraph 6, all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Sweepstakes as follows: Visit http://preprod.rd.com/book-club-giveaway and follow the instructions. Be sure to include your first name, last name, street address, city, state, ZIP code and email address. To be eligible all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on the Sweepstakes Deadline Date. There is a limit of one entry per person. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be included, and later entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Each entry has an equal chance to win. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. In the event this Sweepstakes is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes and, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter or any other social media platform on which the Sweepstakes may be promoted (collectively, “Social Media Platforms”). Sponsor may share the information of winners with the prize provider for the purpose of prize fulfillment.
3. PRIZES: 10 winners will be selected as follows: Each winner will receive a prize of one copy of the book entitled The Mostly True Story of Tanner & Louise, with an approximate retail value of $27.00. The total ARV for all prizes offered in this Sweepstakes is $270.00. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor and its affiliated and parent companies, as well as any and all of their promotion partners and prize providers, the judging agent, and any Social Media Platforms (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Released Parties”), and the respective directors, officers, employees, consultants and agents of each of the Released Parties, bear no responsibility for any claim, loss, liability or damage arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any Social Media Platforms.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about April 26, 2023 by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Approximate odds of winning are estimated at 1:100. Winners will be notified by mail and/or email within 10 days of the drawing and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 10 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES/SEVERABILITY: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in New York County in the State of New York, U.S.A. and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
7. CONSUMER INFORMATION/LIST OF WINNERS: If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request in writing to: “Reader’s Digest Book Club April Book” Sweepstakes (#630) Mailing List, P.O. Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to “Reader’s Digest Book Club April Book” Sweepstakes (#630) Winner List, P.O. Box 3063, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0127. Request for list of winners must be received within one year of the Sweepstakes Deadline Date.
|Prize||Retail Value||Number of Prizes||Odds||Final Closing Date|
|One copy of the book entitled The Mostly True Story of Tanner & Louise||$27.00||10||1:100*||April 19, 2023|
|*Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
ALL ENTRIES HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF WINNING.
No one will know who the winners are until after the Sweepstakes ends. Your entry deadline may vary. Final Closing Date is the last date entries are accepted. See Official Rules for details
ENTRY IS FREE.
You don’t have to buy anything to enter. Just enter as instructed. You will be entered for the prize offered in this Sweepstakes.
BUYING WON’T HELP YOU WIN.
Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances of someone who buys something.