What Does That Skin Care Ingredient Really Do?
Confused about skin-care terminology? Here’s what several common terms mean: Collagen. A protein that contributes to the elasticity of skin
Confused about skin-care terminology? Here’s what several common terms mean:
- Collagen. A protein that contributes to the elasticity of skin tissue.
- Emollient. A lotion or cream that helps make skin smoother and softer.
- Exfoliant. Any product that helps to remove dead cells from the skin’s surface.
- Humectant. A product that promotes the retention of moisture in the skin.
- Hydration. The process of bringing more water into skin tissues.
- SPF. Stands for sun protection factor, a numeric scale used to establish the effectiveness of a product at blocking the harmful rays of sunlight from reaching the skin. The higher the number, the greater the protection.
- AHA. Stands for alpha-hydroxy acid. A natural acid, often derived from fruit, that helps slough off dead skin and speed up cell renewal. AHAs have emerged as one of the most important ingredients in skin care.
[sale-item img=”http://media.rd.com/rd/images/rdc/products/stealth-health-pd.jpg” title=”Stealth Health” price=”31.96″ link=”http://www.readersdigeststore.com/Stealth-Health/M/0762105208.htm?trkid=rdv_store”]