Every Veterans Day Sale You Won’t Want to Miss This Year
There may be fewer Veterans Day sales this year because of supply-chain issues, but there are still plenty of amazing deals that can save you a bundle!
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Veterans Day is a day to honor the men and women who have selflessly served our country, and it’s not the same as Memorial Day, since we can thank these heroes in person for their service. Some restaurants show their appreciation with free meals for veterans, while some stores offer steep discounts on everything from clothes and accessories to mattresses and furniture. While certain Veterans Day sales only apply to veterans and current service members, civilians can enjoy many of them, too—and trust us when we say you won’t want to miss them. Since this holiday falls right before Black Friday, retailers often layer Black Friday pre-sales on top of Veterans Day sales.
“Veterans Day falls about 10 days before the biggest shopping day of the year: Black Friday. Some early Black Friday sales start on Veterans Day, and retailers focus more on big products for the home,” says Michelle Madhok, an online shopping expert and founder of the deals site SheFinds.com. But while you might see this opportunity to save money on big-ticket items, Madhok advises you to start thinking about holiday gifts, too. “The key issue isn’t going to be what to find on sale, but rather if it can be found and how quickly you can get it to your gift recipient,” she says. “Due to supply-chain issues, there’s a concern that a lot of gifts aren’t going to make it to the stores in time for the holidays.”
Samantha Gordon, deals editor for Consumer Reports agrees. “This is the year to shop early,” she says. “With product shortages in many popular categories like electronics and toys, combined with shipping delays, if you wait too long, you really run the risk of not getting everything you want in time for the holidays.”
In short, get as much of your holiday shopping done as soon as you can! Because of the high demand this year, you may not find as many deals you’ve grown accustomed to, but there are still plenty of them to be found…if you know where to look. Plus, if you can simply get your hands on the items you’re searching for, that will definitely be a win. Before you start shopping, take a look at these poignant Veterans Day quotes to remind you why it’s such an important day.
Best Veterans Day sales on clothing and accessories
rd.com, Getty Images (2), via tommyjohn.com
Look for deals on loungewear, pajamas, sweaters, coats, and winter boots. You’ll need these items to get you through the winter, anyway, so why not stock up when you can get them for a whole lot less?
- Cozy Earth: Scoop up some of Oprah’s favorite loungewear and what we dubbed the all-around best pajamas for women at 30 percent off during Cozy Earth’s Veterans Day sale. The discount will be active sitewide from November 10 through November 14 by using the code VETERANSDAY at checkout.
- Tommy John: Stock up on new undies or snag a pair of great pajamas for men during this sale. From November 11 through November 14, enjoy $20 off your purchase of $100 or more with the code VETERANS20. You’ll also feel good knowing that Tommy John will donate $5 from every purchase to The Honor Foundation, which is a career transition program for U.S. Special Operations Forces that translates their elite military service to the private sector and helps create the next generation of corporate and community leaders.
- Nordstrom: Though not specifically a Veterans Day sale, Nordstrom’s Half Yearly fall sale will run from November 4 through November 14. Shoppers will find markdowns of up to 50 percent off in all categories: women’s, men’s, kids, shoes, and home. Make sure to check back for new discounts every day.
- Macy’s: Find an assortment of deals on everything from clothing to furniture in the Veterans Day sale section. The sales are already live, and we’re seeing steep discounts on everything from jewelry and jackets to coats and couches. Shop wisely and you could get some 70 percent off deals here.
- Fabletics: This one is more of a fall sale than a Veterans Day sale, but we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention it. From November 1 through December 5, new VIP members can enjoy $24 outfits, two pairs of leggings for $24, and 80 percent off retail prices. Menswear will be discounted up to 50 percent both sitewide and in stores.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: Now through November 14, military members and first responders can receive 10 percent off their entire online or in-store purchase. If shopping in-store, simply present a valid ID at checkout. Shopping online? Before checkout, verify your military or first responder status with the id.me buttons on the shopping cart page. Once verified, add your promo code for single-use redemption.
- LensDirect: Stock up on contact lenses during LensDirect’s Veterans Day sale. You’ll enjoy 20 percent off contacts with the code VETS20, and 30 percent off eyewear, lens replacements, and sunglasses with VETS30 between November 11 and November 14. This is also one of the best places to buy glasses online.
Best Veterans Day sales on housewares and appliances
rd.com, Getty Images (2), via bedbathandbeyond.com
Whether you’re in the market for the latest kitchen gadget that does everything or a quality appliance that will last the next 10 years, you’re in luck. The following retailers are offering up to 25 percent off on everything from appliances and furniture to lighting and home decor, along with some extra special offers just for veterans.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: As a thank you for their service, Bed Bath & Beyond is offering veterans and active-duty military personnel 25 percent off their entire purchase. Their U.S. Armed Forces Appreciation Event runs from November 11 through November 14.
- Joss & Main: Wayfair’s sister brand will be offering a Black Friday/Cyber Monday pre-sale event from November 1 through November 24. Save up to 25 percent on home decor and furniture across the site; no codes are required.
- Lowe’s: Active-duty service members, retired veterans, and their spouses can enroll in the Lowe’s military discount program. This program offers an everyday 10 percent discount on most full-price products both in-store and online. Note: if you’re shopping in-store, you will be asked to provide a valid photo ID to use your discount, so be sure to have that handy.
Best Veterans Day sales on mattresses and furniture
rd.com, Getty Images (2), via brooklynbedding.com
“Veterans Day is typically one of the last, best times of the year to find discounts on mattresses,” according to Gordon. “But the sales usually get extended through Black Friday, so you can take your time shopping for the best deal on the right mattress.” In other words, no pressure! But here are a few deals you definitely won’t want to pass up.
- Lovesac: Looking to replace your worn-out sofa? Active or retired U.S. service members and their registered dependents can enjoy a 20 percent discount on a custom couch or sac, which has been dubbed the world’s most comfortable seat. Military members can apply for the heroes discount now through November 14. Once you receive your special single-use discount code, you have until November 21 to redeem it.
- Nest Bedding: Take 20 percent off luxury mattresses, sheets, and select duvet bed sets from now through November 15. Shopping for your little ones? Save 10 percent on children’s mattresses and furniture. Or bundle and save! Purchase a luxury mattress and save an additional 20 percent on sheets and duvets once added to your cart. This bundle option totals 40 percent off sheets and duvets when bundled with a luxury mattress.
- Brooklyn Bedding: During Brooklyn Bedding’s Veterans Day sale, you’ll get 25 percent off everything the company sells, including their much-loved mattresses, bedding, and pillows, from November 3 through November 11. No code is necessary, and the discount works sitewide. Check out these tips on how to buy a mattress to find the one that’s perfect for you.
- Tuft & Needle: Between November 1 and November 25, Tuft & Needle is offering up to 20 percent off a ton of its best-selling items. Save on a new mattress, a box foundation, bedding, pillows, and even the brand’s new white-noise machine.
- BuyBuy Baby: Growing military families can enjoy 25 percent off their entire purchase from November 11 through November 14 during BuyBuy Baby’s U.S. Armed Forces Appreciation Event. You can save in-store or online on everything you need, from diapers and baby gear to books and toys. A valid military ID is required.
- RVMattress.com: If this was the year you finally bought yourself an RV, then you’re in luck. Take 25 percent off everything you need to make your new RV or camper as comfy as possible, from November 3 through November 11. No code is necessary.
Best Veterans Day sales on food
rd.com, Getty Images (2), via everyplate.com
Tons of restaurants offer free meals for veterans on Veterans Day. Not only that but there are several meal-delivery services offering generous discounts in honor of veterans this year, as well. A subscription to one of these services makes an especially great gift this year since you might have trouble getting your hands on actual products that you’d otherwise buy. “This supply-chain problem is going to drive a major shift to digital gifts,” says Madhok. “Think video games, movies, and subscriptions.” If you’re looking for something other than food, here more of the best subscription boxes to check out.
- Hello Fresh: Enjoy delicious and easy home-cooked meals with this delivery service. Choose a plan that matches your lifestyle and family size, select your recipes, and let HelloFresh do the rest. In honor of Veterans Day, receive 14 free meals across five boxes and free shipping on your first box with code HFVETDAY2021, now through November 11.
- EveryPlate: This affordable meal-delivery service is offering meals for $1.79 per serving on your first box and then 20 percent off your next two boxes with the code EPVETDAY2021, now through November 11. Since EveryPlate earned the distinction as one of the best meal-delivery kits we’d buy again, we think you’ll be really happy with this one!
- Factor: Don’t want to cook? You don’t have to! Factor delivers fresh, perfectly portioned, ready-made meals right to your doorstep. All you have to do is heat and eat. In honor of Veterans Day, they are offering $90 off your first three boxes with code FVETDAY21, now through November 11.
- Blue Apron: Military members will receive $110 off plus free shipping on their first box. No code is required, but you will have to verify your identity in order to receive your discount.
Want more deals and product picks sent directly to your inbox? Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter!
- Michelle Madhok, online shopping expert and owner of SheFinds.com
- Samantha Gordon, deals editor for Consumer Reports