32 Marriage Quotes to Share with the Happy Couple
These marriage quotes are the only love letters you need to make your partner smile.
Love is the most magical part of being human, but there are only so many ways to express to your partner how special they are. Through the ups and downs of major life events, to simply washing the dishes side-by-side or taking a drive to the grocery store together, sometimes it’s just hard to find the right words to tell someone how much they mean to you. Luckily, these notable people put those confusing, yet incredible feelings into words so you don’t have to. If these marriage quotes are a little too deep for your spouse, try a humorous approach with one of these funny marriage quotes, marriage memes, or funny wedding photos to get you reminiscing on that important day and remind you that it was all with it.
1. “It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and you cannot remember how you ever lived without them.”—Unknown
2. “In terms of my marriage, you know, falling in love with my husband was by far the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”—Caroline Kennedy
3. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.”—Andre Maurois
If these marriage quotes aren’t enough, dive into these love quotes that will make you weak in the knees.
4. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”—Mignon McLaughlin
5. “Marriage is a risk; I think it’s a great and glorious risk, as long as you embark on the adventure in the same spirit.”—Cate Blanchett
6. “My husband has made me laugh. Wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. Watched me succeed. Seen me fail. Kept me strong. My husband is a promise that I will have a friend forever.”—Unknown
7. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.”—Franz Schubert
rd.com, Getty Images
Plan a movie night for you and your spouse with one of the best romantic movies that you’ll both adore.
8. “A husband and wife may disagree on many things, but they must absolutely agree on this: to never, ever give up.”—Unknown
9. “Never marry the one you can live with, marry the one you cannot live without.”—Unknown
10. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.”—Dave Meurer
11. “Marriage is not about age; it’s about finding the right person.”—Sophia Bush
If humor is more your love language, laugh with your partner over these love cartoons that are almost too relatable.
12. “A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects they got the better deal.”—Unknown
13. “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.”—Winston Churchill
14. “The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.”—Julia Child
15. “The highest happiness on earth is marriage.”—William Lyon Phelps
16. “I got gaps; you got gaps; we fill each other’s gaps…Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people; you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting.”—Sylvester Stallone
If you think these marriage quotes are the perfect love letter, just wait until you read the most romantic book quotes of all time.
17. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”—Dr. Seuss
18. “The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.”—Bruce Forsyth
19. “I have a best friend as a husband, and he is my number one supporter. He’s a family man, and he’s always giving back to God. That is what makes him a beautiful man. We’re not perfect by any means, but that makes us beautiful as well. We’re not afraid to say we’re not perfect. We have our disagreements, but that comes along with marriage.”—Tamera Mowry
rd.com, Getty Images
20. “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.”—Barbara De Angelis
21. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”—Elizabeth Gilbert
22. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”—Lao Tzu
23. “Love recognizes no barriers, it jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination, full of hope.”—Maya Angelou
24. “When a marriage works, nothing on Earth can take its place.”—Helen Gahagan Douglas
25. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.”—Fawn Weaver
26. “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.”—Jennifer Smith
rd.com, Getty Images
27. “This is what marriage really means: helping one another to reach the full status of being persons, responsible beings who do not run away from life.”—Paul Tournier
Although incredibly magical, love can also be pretty funny. Laugh about it with these love jokes that will definitely make you smile.
28. “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.”—Tom Mullen
29. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.”—Ruth Bell Graham
30. “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”—Rumi
31. “Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning – I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it.”—Stephen Gaines
32. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.”—Henny Youngman
Now that you’ve heard these marriage quotes, read all about the secrets about marriage straight from people who have been married up to 50 years.