150 Heartfelt Love Messages That Will Make Your Beloved Melt
Love is in the air—and it will be on your screen when you send these love messages to that special someone
When you love someone so much, sometimes it can seem like you’ve run out of words to express how you feel. And when your partner is on your mind, you want to send them a message that goes beyond a simple “I love you.” Sure, you could send some relationship quotes or love quotes, but if you’re looking for something more romantic and personal to send, these love messages are just what you need.
Whether you’re looking to write a sentimental card for Valentine’s Day or your anniversary, or you want to send a flirty text to make your partner smile at work, these sweet messages will do the trick.
Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
Love messages for her
rd.com, getty images
1. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” —Roy Croft
2. “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be.” —Robert Browning
3. The best thing that has ever happened to me is marrying my best friend. Forever grateful to have the best girl in the world by my side.
4. “Don’t ever think I fell for you, or fell over you. I didn’t fall in love; I rose in it.” —Toni Morrison
5. You are the queen of my heart—and you’ll reign there forever!
6. Your smile takes my breath away. Still trying to understand how I got so lucky.
7. I didn’t think it was even possible to love someone this much. You’re simply the best, love.
8. Guess what? I love you. That’s it. Have a great day!
9. You’re not just my soulmate; you’re my partner. Thank you for always being there, my dear.
10. You and me. Forever and always. Sound good?
11. “All of me, loves all of you.” —John Legend
12. You are the only one in my heart, now and forever.
13. “You are my greatest adventure.” —The Incredibles
14. Counting down the minutes until I can see you again.
15. “I am catastrophically in love with you.” —Cassandra Clare
16. Love is what makes your cell phone ding every time I send you a message.
17. The world would be meaningless without you. Thank you for all you do and how much love you give.
18. I wish I could send you a kiss through the phone.
19. You make every day better. I truly love everything you are and appreciate all you give.
20. I know I should be working … but you keep running through my mind. Had to text and say I love you!
21. Love = you + me.
22. I can’t wait to come home to you tonight.
23. Your hugs make me want to never let go, love.
24. Thank you for growing with me. I’m forever in awe of your strength and spirit.
25. I love you more today than yesterday.
Some of these love messages could even double as birthday messages.
Love messages for him
rd.com, getty images
26. “I’ve tried so many times to think of a new way to say it, and it’s still I love you.” —Zelda Fitzgerald
27. There are millions of reasons you make me happy. I’m so lucky I get to live this life with you.
28. FYI, I absolutely love you.
29. “I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart).” —E.E. Cummings
30. I love you to the moon and back.
31. Your text messages make me smile stupidly at my phone (please keep sending them).
32. “My soul and your soul are forever tangled.” —N.R. Hart
33. You make my heart happy.
34. There are a million reasons I am grateful for you. Where do I start?
35. It’s just you and me against the world. Let’s do this, love.
36. You’re my fairy tale. Thank you for giving me the best happily ever after.
37. “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” —Diana Peterfreund
38. I’m the luckiest person in the world. Why, you ask? Because I have you by my side.
39. Thank you for being the brightest spot in my day.
40. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” —Edgar Allen Poe
41. I’m choosing you today and always, my dear.
42. “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” —Leo Christopher
43. I’m getting butterflies just thinking about seeing you later.
44. I feel safest and happiest with you. I’m so thankful to have met you.
45. Your generosity, strength and selflessness truly inspire me, darling.
46. “Our love cannot be measured; it just is.” —John Paul Stevens
47. “I love you, and I like you.” —Parks & Recreation
48. Me + you = a forever kind of love.
49. You’re my favorite weirdo.
50. I wish I could hear your voice right now. It’s my favorite sound.
Allow the words of the greatest writers to inspire you even more with these love poems.
Good morning love messages
rd.com, getty images
51. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” —Emily Dickinson
52. You’re my favorite thing to dream about.
53. Good morning, sunshine!
54. You will be in my thoughts all day, from dusk until dawn.
55. I love going to sleep at night knowing I will wake up with you in the morning.
56. I love being your first hello of the day.
57. I hope the sunshine removes all your worries today.
58. Thank you for starting my day with joy.
59. Let’s make new memories today.
60. The mornings are almost as beautiful as you.
61. Good morning to the love of my life.
62. Thank you for making me a morning person.
63. Your smile brightens my day.
64. Every morning I am reminded how lucky I am.
65. I love waking up to you.
66. Your kisses are even better than morning coffee.
67. You are the first thought on my mind every morning.
68. Go steal the show today like you stole my heart.
69. The only thing better than coming home to you is our mornings together.
70. When you go to work, just remember this morning if you need a reminder that someone loves you.
71. I sleep better when I sleep next to you.
72. I wish all today’s worries away.
73. My mornings (and days) are now a little brighter.
74. Good morning, my love.
75. Good morning to the light of my life.
If you’re looking to add a little extra romance, try playing one of these love songs.
Deep love messages
rd.com, getty images
76. “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” —Loretta Young
77. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” —John Updike
78. “True love stories never have endings.” —Richard Bach
79. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” —Aristotle
80. “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” —H. Jackson Brown Jr.
81. “To love is to recognize yourself in another.” —Eckhart Tolle
82. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” —Plato
83. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” —Lao Tzu
84. “Your words are my food, your breath is my wine. You are everything to me.” —Sarah Bernhardt
85. “Love is a friendship set to music.” —Joseph Campbell
86. “Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.” —Walter Winchell
87. You are my love, my life and everything in between.
88. Your beauty, both inside and out, is simply breathtaking, my love. I’m forever in awe of you.
89. I don’t think there will ever be enough words to express how I feel about you. Thank you for being in my life.
90. Your soul and my soul are definitely made of the same stuff. Love you always.
91. You’re the most exquisite person I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.
92. I’m so lucky I get to love you.
93. I can’t wait to see what the rest of our days hold for us. I love you now and forever.
94. To my sweetest love and dearest friend: I can’t wait to spend the next moment together.
95. Your love is the best gift I’ve ever received. Thank you for sharing it with me.
96. You have my whole heart until the end of time. Love you forever.
97. You really are my everything, and life is a thousand times better with you in it, my dear.
98. You ignite my soul in the absolute best way, love.
99. You have my word: I’ll love you until the end of time.
100. My love for you knows no bounds. I can’t wait for forever.
You may also want to use one of these as a cute Instagram caption for couples.
Romantic love messages
rd.com, getty images
101. Love is one fun ride with you by my side.
102. I can’t believe the person of my dreams made it into reality. Forever grateful for your love.
103. Isn’t it funny how our hands seem to fit together perfectly?
104. I’m so proud of how our love has blossomed. Thank you for growing with me, darling.
105. In case I didn’t tell you today: I’m head over heels for you.
106. Thank you for picking me, love.
107. Every day feels like a dream when we’re together.
108. My heart is yours, dear.
109. Counting down the minutes until I can kiss you again.
110. We have a love built on respect, tenderness and lots of laughs. Thank you for creating that bond with me.
111. How lucky am I to have found the love of my life and my best friend in the same soul?
112. Your love keeps me going.
113. Thank you for shining the most beautiful light on my life.
114. Your love glows with radiance—and man, am I lucky to have it.
115. You will always have the top spot in my heart.
116. Thank you for the encouragement and endless support. Your love means everything to me.
117. We’ve written one heck of a love story together, haven’t we? Cheers to the chapters ahead, my dear.
118. I’m so grateful our paths not just crossed, but intertwined so beautifully.
119. What a joy it is to be loved by you.
120. I feel so honored to exist in the same world as someone of your caliber.
121. Forever thankful that we found each other in this lifetime, love.
122. Who needs the sun when I have something warmer and more beautiful right beside me?
123. Looking forward to a lifetime of giving one another butterflies.
124. Your smile always has been, and always will be, my biggest inspiration.
125. Know that wherever we go, I’ll always look for you in the crowd.
Funny love messages
rd.com, getty images
126. “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” —Rita Rudner
127. You’re the cheese to my pizza.
128. “Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage.” —Ambrose Bierce
129. Thank you for looking at me like I look at tacos.
130. I love having someone around who eats off the pizza toppings I don’t like. What would I do without you?
131. “Love is sharing your popcorn.” —Charles Schulz
132. I love you more than chocolate.
133. I love you from my head to-ma-toes.
134. Sometimes I look at you and think you are one lucky person for dating me.
135. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion and passionate embraces; marriage is also three meals a day and remembering to carry out the trash.” —Joyce Brothers
136. I love you enough to make our iPhone-Android relationship work.
137. One of us is right, and the other one is you.
138. My love for you is like going to the bathroom. I just can’t hold it in.
139. If you were a booger, I would pick you first.
140. Sometimes, you drive me crazy—but I wouldn’t want anyone else behind the wheel!
141. Are you a criminal? Because you’ve clearly stolen my heart.
142. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? If so, you should sue.
143. I’m saying those three little words you’ve been dying to hear all day: I ordered takeout. Oh, and I love you.
144. There are plenty of fish in the sea, but you’re the only gill I have eyes for.
145. I love you like a baker loves cake!
146. I melt around you. Well, not literally, of course … but you get the gist.
147. Let’s flip a coin. Heads, I’m yours. Tails, I’m also yours. Sound good?
148. Maybe it’s the kiss you gave me today—or the spicy wings I ate for lunch—but man, my heart’s burning just thinking of you.
149. Admittedly, I didn’t do well in science when I was in school … but it doesn’t take a scientist to figure out you and I are meant to be.
150. Roses are red, violets are blue … I don’t remember what color the flowers are, but they’re waiting on the table for you!
Now that you have a better idea of which love messages you want to send, make your partner laugh with these love memes.
Additional reporting by Kelly Kuehn.