25 Life Is Short Quotes That Will Help You Savor Every Moment
Life is precious, and we only have one life to live. These life is short quotes are perfect for motivating us to take action.
Life is short quotes that inspire you to live your best life
There’s a dichotomy when it comes to life. It’s the longest thing we experience, but it goes by so fast and feels so short. It’s easy to assume that we’ll have tomorrow, next week, and next year to really do the things we want. The truth is, though, that life is precious and isn’t guaranteed.
Tomorrow isn’t a promise, which is why it’s important to life your life now and not waste a moment. If you need some motivation, these quotes about life being short will really put things into perspective and inspire action. After reading these, be sure to read these self-love quotes, gratitude quotes, and quotes about change that also help you live life beautifully.
1. “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.”–Kate Winslet
2. “Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.”—Henri Frederic Amiel
3. “Life goes by fast. Enjoy it. Calm down. It’s all funny.”—
4. “Life is too short to be living somebody else’s dream.”—Hugh Hefner
5. “Life is short, and every moment is precious.”—Gad Saad
Don’t forget to read these positive affirmations that help bring you joy and success in life.
6. “You may delay, but time will not.”—Benjamin Franklin
7. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.”—
8. “How did it get so late so soon?”—
9. “Time is long but life is short.”—Stevie Wonder
10. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”—Mother Theresa
11. “Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.”—The Green Mile
12. “Life is too short not to have pasta, steak, and butter.”—Iman
13. “Life was for living, so why was I wasting?”—Moving On
14. “Never waste a minute thinking about people you don’t like.”—
15. “Life is too short to blend in.”—Paris Hilton
16. “Enjoy life. There’s plenty of time to be dead.”—Hans Christian Andersen
Read these strength quotes that will give you courage and confidence—because we all need words of encouragement once in a while.
17. “Life is short and the older you get, the more you feel it. Indeed, the shorter it is.”—Viggo Mortensen
18. “The future starts today, not tomorrow.”—
19. “Life is too short not to do a little practical joking.”—Krista Allen
20. “Life is short, and if we enjoy every moment of every day, then we will be happy no matter what happens or what changes along the way.”—Gretchen Bleiler
21. “Time moves slowly, but passes quickly.”—The Color Purple
22. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have.”—
23. “Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.”—Gene Simmons
24. “Time is the most valuable thing that a man can spend.”—Diogenes
25. “Life is short. Do whatever you can to help people—not for status, but because the 95-year-old you will be proud if you did help people and disappointed if you didn’t.”—Marshall Goldsmith
Next, read these spiritual quotes that truly lift up your soul.