100 Flirty Questions to Ask a Girl That Are Sure to Make Her Smile
From silly to serious to steamy, these flirty questions to ask a girl will help you start something new or keep your relationship going
Asking questions is one of the primary ways we get to know people and build connections—but there’s a huge difference between questioning a potential roommate or dog walker versus a potential date or life partner. This is especially true when considering flirty questions to ask a girl, since many women respond better to verbal or written flirting rather than physical advances.
Sure, you could send some flirty memes or flirty texts, but those don’t always get a reply, and while they may help open the door, they won’t help you get to know her better. Asking the right questions in the right tone, however, can really get the conversation going. “Flirting is the beginning of intimacy, and the right kinds of flirtatious questions can deepen that intimacy,” says Beth Darling, a former divorce lawyer turned sex and relationships counselor and author of The 5 Kinds of Intimacy: How to Keep Your Love Alive. “People think that love is the requirement for a relationship, but truly, love alone isn’t enough. If you don’t have intimacy, you don’t have a relationship—you have a roommate.”
Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for more relationship tips, humor, cleaning, travel, tech and fun facts all week long.
How to strike the right tone
OK, so you want to ask questions … but what are the right flirty questions to ask a girl? It depends on the relationship, Darling says. What you ask will be very different for a long-term girlfriend or wife versus someone you’ve just met. For the former, you might also incorporate flirty nicknames for your significant other to make things more intimate, whereas with a newer relationship, you’ll want to keep things lighter.
Her next pro tip: Don’t go straight to sex talk, especially in new relationships. “People hear the word intimacy and assume it means sex, but they’re not the same thing,” she says. “There is a wide range of ways to flirt, and the goal with asking flirty questions is to get to know the other person, not get in their pants.”
Last, base your next move on her response. One girl’s “flirting” is another girl’s “ew, stop.” Test out the waters with a flirty question or two, and if she responds positively, continue the conversation. If she doesn’t, respect her boundaries and move on to a different kind of chat. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Flirty questions to ask a girl you just met
RD.com, Getty Images
- When is the last time someone made you blush?
- If we could spend the whole night together, what would you want to do?
- If your life was a rom-com, what would your theme song be?
- What is the cheesiest pickup line anyone’s ever tried on you? Did it work?
- Can I see the last selfie you took? Tell me the story behind it.
- Do you believe in fate, or do you think we create our own destiny?
- How direct would you want someone to be if they had feelings for you?
- If you were in a biker gang, what would your nickname be?
- What’s a hidden talent you have that most people don’t know about?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? And do you prefer morning dates or evening dates?
- What’s your favorite cuisine, and what dish should we try together?
- What was the best thing that happened to you today?
- What’s a song that you’ll never admit to liking but secretly love?
- If you could have a romantic dinner with anyone from history, who would it be?
- What’s one movie you feel super passionate about?
- Has anyone ever told you that you are the most stunning woman in the world?
- Are you a cat or dog person? Would you like to meet my cat/dog?
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a rainy day?
- What’s one fact you wish every guy (or girl) understood?
- What’s the silliest argument you’ve ever gotten into with a stranger?
- What always makes you laugh?
Trying to break the ice? These cheesy pickup lines are guaranteed to get a laugh.
Flirty questions to ask a girl you have a crush on
RD.com, Getty Images
- What’s the top song on your make-out playlist?
- Would you rather spend a whole day with me or a whole night with me?
- Do you scream on roller coasters? What if you were holding my hand?
- Who was your celebrity crush when you were growing up?
- Would you be more likely to say yes to bar trivia night or a sunrise hike for a date?
- What’s your favorite couples Halloween costume?
- Have you ever been kicked out of a public place, and if so, what’s the story?
- What’s your idea of a perfect date?
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- If you could kiss any fictional character, who would it be?
- What’s your idea of a perfect weekend getaway?
- What’s your go-to dance move, and can I see it?
- What do romance movies get wrong most of the time?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What’s the most disturbing thing under your bed?
- If you had to watch the same movie every day for a month, what would it be?
- If you designed your ideal dating app, what would it look like?
- Which is better: makeup sex or breakup sex?
- What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
Of course, there’s nothing sexier than humor. These flirty knock-knock jokes just might be the boost you need to get out of the friend zone.
Flirty questions to ask a new girlfriend
RD.com, Getty Images
- What’s your favorite place to be kissed?
- If you were an ice cream cone, would you prefer to be licked or bitten?
- Little spoon or big spoon?
- Do you think Spider-Man’s upside-down kiss in the rain with Mary Jane was really hot or really gross? Would you ever want to recreate it?
- What’s your favorite way to relax after a long day?
- Which do you like more: good-morning texts or good-night texts?
- Which would you be more scared of: skinny-dipping at a public beach or wearing a snowsuit on a nude beach?
- What’s your go-to outfit for feeling sexy?
- What’s your love language?
- What’s your most romantic travel destination?
- What do you do if you wake up in the middle of the night and can’t go back to sleep?
- What first attracted you to me?
- What’s one movie that you wish could be real life?
- Do you like surprises?
- What’s something that you love but you’re not sure why?
- If you could take off one piece of my clothing, which would it be?
- Do you ever go commando? Would you tell me if you did?
- What do you think about right before you fall asleep?
- What’s your favorite thing about being in a relationship?
- What makes you feel safe with someone?
- What’s your favorite flower?
Once you have that bit of knowledge, you can follow up with a very special flower delivery. (See, you pay attention!)
Flirty questions to ask a long-time love or wife
RD.com, Getty Images
- Which is sexier: me doing the dishes or me vacuuming?
- Foot rub or back rub?
- What’s a funny signal or word we can use to say we want to hook up without the kids understanding what we’re talking about?
- If you could switch lives with someone for a day, who would it be and why?
- Can you describe your favorite movie kiss?
- Do you remember the first time I told you “I love you”?
- Do you remember the first time you said “I love you” to me?
- If we recreated our first date, would you change anything?
- If I asked you to take off one piece of clothing, what would you pick?
- What’s your favorite thing about being married/partnered?
- What are you most excited about for our future together?
- What do you love about me?
- Can I tell you what I love most about you?
- What is the best gift someone has ever gotten you?
- What smell reminds you of me?
- Lights on, lights off or candles?
- When did you first realize that you were in love with me?
- Want to know when I first realized I was falling for you?
- What’s the best vacation we’ve ever taken together?
- What’s your favorite outfit that I wear?
- Hey, how YOU doin’?? (Wink, wink)
To keep the romance going, check out these date ideas that will strengthen your connection.
Flirty questions to spice up a relationship
RD.com, Getty Images
- If you could dip anything into chocolate and then eat it, what would it be?
- What’s the top song on your sexy playlist right now?
- What is your favorite part of your body? Can I guess it?
- Are you more turned on by smell, sight or touch?
- What is your ultimate fantasy?
- What is your favorite part of my body, and can you describe it without words?
- What’s your biggest non-traditional turn-on?
- Which Britney Spears song would you most like to act out?
- If you were cake, what kind of filling would you have?
- You have 10 minutes alone with me, and I can’t say no. What do you do?
- Shower, pool or hot tub?
- Back rubs in the front room or front rubs in the back room?
- What’s your favorite kind of foreplay?
- Where’s the craziest place you’ve ever had sex?
- What color underwear do you think I’m wearing right now?
- What question are you hoping I’ll ask you?
If this is putting you in the mood for love, find out the best ways to be romantic and sweep her off her feet.
About the expert
- Beth Darling, JD, Esq., is a former divorce lawyer who decided she’d rather help couples get together than split apart. She now works as a sex and relationship counselor and is the author of The 5 Kinds of Intimacy: How to Keep Your Love Alive and Love and Laughter: Sexy (Meaningful) Fun for Everyone.