All the Day-After-Christmas Sales You Won’t Want to Miss
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
These day-after-Christmas sales offer some of the best deals of the year!
If you’re just gearing up for the holidays and haven’t yet started thinking about all the epic day-after-Christmas sales that are sure to happen, now’s the time. Next to Black Friday sales, the dates between December 26 and 31 are known for some of the year’s most impressive deals. The best part? You don’t even have to brave the mall. Just about everything will be offered online with direct-to-your-door shipping.
Giant retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Target, Wayfair, and Home Depot will slash prices by up to 70 percent on seasonal merchandise, tech gifts, and popular favorites like bestselling robot vacuums. Winter fashions often see post-Christmas markdowns of up to 90 percent off retail—and that even includes the best jeans, sweaters, and walking shoes for the whole family. We rounded up all the things you can expect to save on during this year’s post-holiday sales.
Our Favorite Day-After-Christmas Sales and Deals
Here are some of the best day-after-Christmas sales you can’t afford to miss.
Add winter and holiday decorations to your cart at up to 90 percent off after Christmas. Major retailers like Target and Walmart also slash prices dramatically on gift wrapping paper, candles, ornaments, artificial trees, and accessories. In fact, just about anything that screams holiday will be offered for a steal. You can also find food items like cookies, cakes, candies, and seasonings in wintry flavors at bargain-basement prices.
Though day-after-Christmas sales typically offer these items at about 50 percent off to start, each passing day typically brings additional markdowns. If you’re stocking up on favorites or items for next year, you may want to scoop these items up quickly as pickings are usually slimmed down by January 1.
- Kohl’s: The day after Christmas, Kohl’s immediately begins marking all its holiday items down. Pick up matching holiday pajamas, decorative wreaths, home decor, and more at up to 50 percent off. By January 1, expect most items to have been moved off store shelves. What remains will be offered at up to 90 percent off.
- Target: Scoop up wrapping paper, holiday candy and food, and everything Santa at up to 70 percent off typical retail prices. Since it’s Target, that means you can expect some finds, like Merry Christmas wrap, marked down below $1.
- Walmart: Expect items like candy canes and cuddly Christmas gear to be marked down by up to 90 percent. By early January, you can expect the majority of these items to move to the store’s regular clearance section, and options will be slim. It’s also a perfect opportunity to stock up on red and green-hued storage bins at a major discount. They’re ideal for year-round use.
- Michael’s: Take up to 60 percent off all sorts of holiday crafting items in the days following Christmas. By December 31, the entire lineup of Christmas offerings will be moved to clearance and marked down by 60 percent.
- Home Depot: Take 50 percent off just about everything Christmas starting in December, with additional markdowns beginning December 28. If you’re late to the decorating game, this is a great place to start (and at bargain prices).
Oksana Vejus/Getty Images
The day after Christmas marks the unofficial start of retailer spring. How wild is that? Use it to your advantage, because cozy items like slippers and matching loungewear sets will be up to 70 percent off. Retailers like Kohl’s and Nordstrom are known for making the most of the days following Christmas to clear out space for new incoming merchandise and trends. With several months of winter left, day-after-Christmas sales are perfect for picking up new winter coats at unbeatable prices.
- Abbott Lyon: European jewelry brand Abbott Lyon will be offering up to 50 percent off the entire site starting December 25 through January 5. Consider this a smart time to invest in birthday and Valentine’s Day tokens of affection.
- DiscountGlasses.com: Enjoy 25 percent off from December 26 through January 2 with code “NEWYEARS25” at checkout.
- Madewell: Take up to 50 percent off seasonal gear, winter sweaters, and select denim from December 25 through January 6.
- Marshall’s: Like T.J. Maxx, this closeout retailer is expecting a major inventory refresh at the end of December. It will be taking the best stock designers couldn’t move earlier in the season and marking it down by up to 90 percent. Shop as close to Christmas as you can for the best possible deals and greatest size offerings. If you’re looking for shoes, this is definitely the best time of year to shop at Marshall’s.
- Nordstrom: Get ready for a major clearance section boon from December 26 onward. Seasonal, holiday, and party-themed fashion favorites for the whole family will be marked down by up to 80 percent.
- Sequin: Starting December 28 and running through the end of January, Sequin will be further reducing sale items by an additional 30 percent. It’s an ideal time to stock up on Valentine’s Day gifts and eye-catching jewelry for her.
- T.J. Maxx: While this store doesn’t offer regular sales, per se, it boasts one of the broadest collections of discounted merchandise of any retailer out there. It will be offering its latest shipments of rock-bottom-priced designer fashions starting immediately after Christmas thanks to famous brand closeouts. Expect some of the best deals of the year on purses, dresses, and basics for the whole family at up to 90 percent off retail.
- Vincero: Take $25 off orders of $100 or more, $50 off orders of $250 or more, and $100 off orders of $400 or more at Vincero’s Year End Sale running December 24 through 30. Watches, jewelry, glasses, and accessories of all types will be included.
Yagi Studio/Getty Images
Take up to 60 percent off large electronics like LED televisions, audio equipment, and more in the days leading up to January. You can also score up to 90 percent off holiday-specific bundles and colors like bright red earbuds. Plus, find plenty of previously-expensive items marked down to doorbuster prices under $20.
- Best Buy: Find televisions, audio gear, and more marked down by up to 60 percent starting December 26. Select large appliances will also be offered at bargain-basement prices.
- Lowe’s: The week after Christmas is a smart time to check out large and small appliances at Lowe’s when the store is doing its best to clear 2021 inventory and make space for new 2022 models.
- Walmart: Shop Walmart’s Tech Deals section starting December 26 to find markdowns on Chromebooks, wireless earbuds, televisions, and more at up to 60 percent off.
Home improvement and decor
Александр Довянский/Getty Images
Winter home decor and improvement items will see prices slashed by up to 70 percent. Home basics like bedding, furniture, and storage will be marked down by up to 50 percent. Consider this brief moment between shopping seasons the best time to scoop up everything you need for your home until Memorial Day. Don’t forget to check Lowe’s vs. Home Depot for the best day-after-Christmas sales.
- Beyond Good: Take 20 percent off ethical baking and cooking essentials from Beyond Good this December 27 through 29. Again, this is another one you’ll want to stock up on ahead of Valentine’s Day.
- Chairish: This popular furniture retailer has planned its final sale of the year with up to 30 percent off on top pieces across bestselling categories. The sale will run from December 26 through 30.
- Comma Home: Take 20 percent off on Comma Home’s popular down alternative microfiber comforters and minky reading pillows from December 26 through January 3. The rest of the site will be marked down as well (discounts vary across items), and shipping will be free for everything.
- Companion Candles: Take 35 percent off clean-burning candles from Companion starting the day after Christmas, December 26.
- Dyson: Shop Dyson deals and save up to $120 off cult-favorite vacuums and more through December 31. Shipping will also be free.
- Generark: Now through January 2, take up to $1,100 off the brand’s bestselling generators. Shipping is free, and if you use coupon code GIFT2021 at checkout, you’ll be able to score an additional $50 off.
- Lights.com: Take up to 80 percent off select décor, lighting, and seasonal items to spruce up your home. The offerings will run from the day after Christmas through early January.
- Tushy: The Tushy Bidet Sale will run from December 26 through January 1, with Classic and Spa two-packs offered at up to $90 off.
- Wayfair: Take up to 60 percent off furniture finds and mattresses during Wayfair’s after-Christmas sales. Seasonal items like Christmas tree skirts and ornaments will be marked down by up to 90 percent, and shipping is free.
Wellness and beauty
Peter Stark/Getty Images
Day-after-Christmas sales are a unique opportunity to commit to resolutions. That’s because wellness, health, fitness, and beauty items can be found at up to 80 percent off their usual retail prices. These New Years resolutions save money and make you feel better, too. Choose from discounted fitness bikes, treadmills, free weights, resistance bands, skincare, home spa products, and more right after Christmas. Prices are likely to go back up again right before January 1.
Speaking of skincare, here’s the difference between shopping at Ulta vs. Sephora.
- Bath & Body Works: Get ready for epic savings, because starting December 26, Bath & Body Works will likely be home to an epic sale. While the company hasn’t yet released full details, prior years saw discounts of 75 percent off or more on the day after Christmas. Consider this the most exciting time of year to stock up on candles, hand sanitizers, lotions, body washes, and more.
- Clean & Pure: Take 25 percent off bestselling Manuka-based beauty essentials like all-purpose body balms, body butters, and more from December 26 through January 2. The best part? They’re on Amazon, so Prime Members can take advantage of fast and free shipping.
- Donginbi Skincare: Take 30 percent off everything the brand sells on Amazon with clippable coupons starting December 28 and running through January 3.
- Glamnetic: Save 45 percent on excess inventory through December 31, and then 30 percent off almost everything sitewide from December 29 through January 1. New Year’s bundles will be up to 55 percent off during this timeframe.
- hum by Colgate: Take up to 35 percent off all hum by Colgate brushes through December 31. That means popular items like the brand’s rechargeable brush will be under $49, and battery-operated brushes will be on sale below $33.
- Sigma Beauty: Take up to 75 percent off sitewide during the famous beauty brand’s semi-annual sale running from December 27 through January 5.
- SpaRitual: Take 30 percent off the year’s bestsellers using code “BESTOF2021” at checkout between December 25 and 29.
- Tarte: Take up to 70 percent off Tarte Cosmetics makeup essentials the week of December 26. Expect bestselling concealers, shadow palettes, lip products, and more to be part of their mega after-Christmas sales.
Day-after-Christmas sales are one of the best times of year to stock up on all the things you forgot to grab during the back-to-school sales earlier in the year. Find sweatpants, sneakers, backpacks, books, art supplies, and learning essentials marked down by up to 60 percent. Retailers do their best to clear out the final bits of fall and winter children’s merchandise at this time, so you can find especially great deals ahead of spring product drops.
- Target: Expect nearly the entire stock of seasonal Carter’s items for baby and Cat & Jack clothes for bigger kids marked down by up to 70 percent. If it sparkles, comes in red or green, or has a distinctly holiday-looking design, you even may find deals up to 90 percent off.
- Kohl’s: Take up to 60 percent off cold-weather essentials from December 26 through the first week of January. Items like gloves, hats, mittens, fleece sweatshirts, and pants will all be part of clearance and doorbuster offerings.
- Walmart: If your kids have winter birthdays, consider this your luckiest time of year. That’s because Walmart’s after-Christmas sales deliver a whopping 90 percent off some bestselling toys starting December 26. Other kid-focused items are marked down by more modest rates of 50 to 70 percent off, but no matter how you cut it, the deals are irresistible.
- Kidpik: This popular fashion box for boys and girls will offer their shoes, clothes, and fashion accessories for kids at too-good-to-resist prices. Expect high-end sneakers to start below $20, and clearance deals on dressy looks for toddler through big kid sizes.
- Macy’s: Take up to 50 percent off holiday looks and dressy clothes for kids of all ages starting December 26. Macy’s also allows shoppers to stack coupons and deals, so it’s an ideal time to use coupons you’ve been saving up.
Itching for a getaway? With travel still down compared to past years and the holiday vacation season mostly behind us, day-after-Christmas sales on hotels, airfare, and tourism activities will be offered at up to 70 percent off. Sites like Orbitz and TripAdvisor will offer travel incentives and packages with extra discounts, while hotels will offer upgrades and freebies galore for booking directly through their websites.
The deals will typically be good for the several weeks following Christmas, but will likely include select blackout dates. You won’t want to sleep on these deals, because by January 1 the rates will probably go back up to meet demand for long holiday weekends later in January and February.
- TripAdvisor: Starting immediately after Christmas and running through early January, find deals on hotels and vacation packages at up to 60 percent off. Book spring break packages now to take advantage of bonus freebies and promotions.
- Priceline: Expect cheaper-than-usual deals on car rentals across the country as holiday demand wanes. While reductions will start December 26, you can expect the best deals to be offered from January 2 through 8.
- Orbitz: Take up to 70 percent off hotel rooms in the United States and even more in select international locations.
Show the cuddliest lap dogs and cutest kittens in your life how much you love them by nabbing unbeatable deals at post-Christmas sales. Major retailers like Walmart and Target will slash their extensive selections of holiday merchandise for pets by up to 90 percent, and pet-specific retailers like Chewy and Petco are expected to liquidate holiday treats, snacks, and more at up to 70 percent off.
- Petco: Petco’s absolutely adorable selection of holiday items for pets will be marked down up to 80 percent in the weeks following Christmas. It’s not just toys and pet clothes, either. Holiday-themed treats and food will also be discounted, and you can use those for months to come.
- Chewy: You’re going to want to browse the Chewy clearance section as soon as you can from December 26 onward, because holiday offerings and popular bundles will be reduced by as much as 80 percent. Be sure to check Chewy’s daily flash sales, too.
Want more deals and product picks sent directly to your inbox? Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.