The Best Presidents Day Deals to Shop in 2023: Get Mattresses, Electronics, Pet Care, Decor and Furniture at Blowout Prices
Don't sleep on the best sales of the season—refer to this list to shop the best clothing, decor, pet care, mattresses and furniture deals galore.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
For many people, the upcoming Presidents Day holiday means a three-day weekend. Couple it with the deep discounts retailers roll out—that’s a reason to celebrate. This Sales Editor takes any opportunity to save money. I sifted through hundreds of deals to compile a list of the best Presidents Day sales you need to shop.
Traditionally, Presidents Day deals were restricted to furniture and mattress sales. In recent years, Presidents Day sale offerings have exploded, with tons of savings available on things like Amazon devices, televisions, stylish accessories, steam cleaners and board games. Shop the list below and score the lowest prices on everything from cleaning and organizing supplies to handmade gifts.
Popular retailers: Amazon, Target, Walmart and more
These retailers have everything from affordable art to stylish work tops, so we put them at the top of the list. Peruse their sales for rock-bottom prices on tech gifts, cool finds and cleaning products like cordless vacuums. Or, take this time to splurge on a discounted robot vacuum.
- Amazon: Shop deals from dozens of retailers during the Amazon Presidents Day sale. Snag savings on everything from electronics to pet supplies, and use your Amazon Prime benefits to save even more. Did you know that there’s a secret section for exclusive Prime member deals?
- Nordstrom: Head over to Nordstrom for up to 60% off select clothing, home goods and beauty products. Take a look at Nordstrom Rack’s sale items.
- Target: Target isn’t just a store—it’s a lifestyle. Save big on high-price items like kitchen and dining, luggage, home decor and furniture, electronics, clothing and beauty.
- T.J. Maxx: Save on shoes, clothing, furniture and beauty products.
- Walmart: Unsurprisingly, Walmart has a huge selection of sales for Presidents Day, and these top finds are bolstered by the benefits offered using the Walmart+ program. Some of our favorites include Galaxy Buds for $40 off, 45% off a Shark robot vacuum and $135 in savings on the popular Gap couch.
- Wayfair: Wayfair already has deals listed ahead of Presidents Day, with a focus on furniture and decor.
Furniture and mattress deals
Traditionally, Presidents Day sales are the best place to peruse bargain prices on everything from outdoor furniture to the best bedding—and, of course, mattresses. In recent years, mattress deals have improved, with brands tossing in free pillows and mattress toppers to sweeten the savings. Take advantage of low prices and upgrade your master suite for less.
- Amerisleep: Get $450 off any mattress and 30% off adjustable bed bundles through February 27.
- Avocado Mattress: Snag 10% off sitewide with code SAVE10 until February 27. On the fence? Check out our Avocado Green mattress review.
- Nectar: Shop now and save 33% off everything on the website. If you loved our Nectar mattress review, now’s your chance to snag one for yourself.
- Pillow Cube: Check out the Valentine’s Day sale for up to 40% bestsellers like the sidekick ice cube and pillow cubs. Got neck pain? Back pain? Alleviate both with our editor’s favorite Pillow Cube.
- Purple: Save a jaw-dropping $900 on select mattress sets and slash an additional 10% off sleep accessories. It’s time to take inventory of your cozy bed necessities.
- Serta: Take up to $1,000 off select mattresses during Serta’s Presidents Day sale.
- Tempur-Pedic: Save up to $500 on adjustable mattress sets.
- Tuft & Needle: Save up to $625 on mattresses. Plus, snag up to 30% off bedding and furniture.
- West Elm: We love shopping West Elm for home decor, rugs and furniture. For a limited time, take up to 20% off quick-ship sofas and sectionals, up to 50% off bedding and up to 50% off all sale items.
- Zinus: Save 25% on the Green Tea Fresca mattress with code FRESCA25, or shop the sale section for savings of up to 40% on select memory foam mattresses and accessories. If you need help picking the perfect one, check out our Zinus mattress review for all the details.
Beauty and skincare deals
Presidents Day sales are the perfect place to find huge discounts on things you use daily, like face moisturizers and cleansers. It’s not uncommon to locate irresistibly deep discounts on pricier items, like Korean beauty products, natural makeup brands and dermatologist-recommended over-the-counter treatments.
- Sephora: The Sephora sale section is bursting with finds from Fenty, Tarte and Yves Saint Laurent among tons of other skin, haircare and makeup brands.
- SkinStore: SkinStore is the place to shop for top-rated skincare brands. Find tons of creams, serums and cleansers up to 50% off during their Anniversary Sale from February 14-27.
- Ulta: If you’re on the fence about whether to shop Ulta vs. Sephora, consider Ulta’s long list of affordable exclusive beauty brands. Shop top sellers like the Luna Mini at a savings of $90 and a Revlon curling wand for 50% off.
Clothing, accessories and jewelry deals
February is secretly the best time to restock your closet. Shop Presidents Day sales for seasonal markdowns on date night dresses for Valentine’s Day and affordable shoes. While the prices are low, pick up a few vacation essentials like polarized sunglasses and bathing suits in preparation for spring vacations.
- Anthropologie: Aside from their extensive sale section, Anthropologie is offering 25% off select Birkenstocks including the popular Uppsala boots, Arizona sandals and Boston shearling flats through the end of February.
- Backcountry: Stock up on hiking gear and outdoor sports essentials when you shop Backcountry’s sale section. They slashed prices by up to 60% on select items.
- Coach Outlet: The Presidents Day sale at Coach has insane deals—I’m talking up to 65% off select purses and accessories.
- Columbia: Take advantage of up to 50% off high-quality outerwear.
- Cozy Earth: Get the pajamas Reader’s Digest Editors swear by at 30% off with code PRESIDENTSDAYSALE. Read our review on several pajama styles and their cooling sheets.
- Everlane: The clothing retailer is offering up to 70% off markdowns from February 17-20.
- Huckberry: Shop the annual Winter Sale for savings of up to 40% on top outdoor brands like Patagonia and The North Face.
- L.L.Bean: Get cozy clothing, bedding and home decor at up to 45% off at L.L. Bean.
- Reebok: Get 40% off sitewide at Reebok for Presidents Day with code OHYEAH from February 15-25.
- Spanx: Score leggings, shapewear and tons of other finds at the lowest prices we’ve seen all year.
- Tory Burch: Snag up to 50% off high-end bags and clothing through February 22.
- Zappos: Shop Zappos’ sale items for huge savings on brands like Ugg, Adidas and Nike.
Rug and decor deals
Whether you’re looking to add a few house plants to brighten up your space or want to secure a new washable rug, these are the best sales to shop. Stock up on patio decor in anticipation for warmer days ahead, pick up a few new plant stands or peruse funny and charming coffee table books at bargain-basement prices.
- HomeGoods: HomeGoods has everything you need for a spring home refresh at unbeatable prices.
- Lenox: There are tons of tableware deals at Lenox, including 30% off flatware during their February Flatware Fest.
- Pottery Barn: From scented candles to throw blankets (and even cozy robes for women), Pottery Barn has some of the best home decor. Shop their expansive sale section and score finds as low as 50% off.
- Rifle Paper Co.: Rifle Paper Co. is doing an extra 30% off sale items. Use code EXTRA30 through February 21 to take advantage of the sale.
Presidents Day deals aren’t just for people. If you’re curious about Spot and Tango or other dog food brands that vets buy, now is the time to take advantage of huge deals on everything from healthy dog treats to pet probiotics. If your pooch or kitty already loves their dinner selection, it doesn’t hurt to pick up a well-reviewed pet product or a new cat toy.
- Chewy: Even our furry friends can take advantage of Presidents Day deals when you shop Chewy’s sale. Pet deals are rare, so take advantage of them while you can.
- Wild One: Get the cutest leashes and aesthetic dog toys up to 45% off from Wild One during their Warehouse Sale.
Appliance and houseware deals
Appliances are always on the pricey side, which is why you need to check out these sales on washers and dryers, refrigerators, dishwashers and even grills and fire pits for campers. Snag savings on kitchen products like gadgets, tools and storage, too.
- Calpak: Save up to 75% on travel essentials when you shop Calpak’s deals. Luggage deals are a good time to stock up on all the things you’ll need for spring break vacations.
- Green Pan: Snag select collections up to 70% off when you shop Green Pan’s nonstick ceramic cookware sales.
- Le Creuset: The Winter Sale is in full swing at Le Creuset. They’ve slashed prices on tons of their top-performing cookware.
- Samsung: Washer and dryer deals are on at Samsung. Save on the Bespoke line of washers and dryers or browse the site for exclusive deals on TVs and other electronics.
- Solo Stove: Snag one of Solo Stove’s smokeless, portable fire pits for 35% off.
- Sur la Table: Sur la Table is the MVP of sales, and their Presidents Day sale offers appliances, cookware and tableware at unbeatable prices.
Electronics and tech deals
If you’re looking for tech deals, you’ve come to the right place. Find dozens of discounts on everything from tech gifts like laptops and car gadgets to home upgrades like smart TVs. I found savings of up to 81% on all the best electronics. Below are some of the best ways to save.
- Amazon Devices: Shop huge savings on Amazon devices during their blowout Valentine’s Day sale.
- Apple: Pick up a new Apple iPad for less than $300 or a new Apple Watch for $80 off. Head over to Amazon for the lowest prices on AirPods. Pick up a pair for a whopping $50 off.
- Bissell: Score discounts on carpet scrubbers and vacuums by shopping Bissell’s sale and clearance deals. I spy the Pet Hair Eraser for only $24.99 and the ReadyClean robot mop for 40% off.
- Dyson: Clean up with huge savings on Dyson’s selection of vacuums and air purifiers. Pick up the Dyson V12 Slim Absolute or the V8 Absolute for $100 off.
- Lenovo: Replace your old tech with new finds from Lenovo while they’re on deep discount. Score laptops and tech accessories from Lenovo for up to 81% off.
- Samsung: Take advantage of $40 off Galaxy Buds.
When do Presidents Day sales start?
Presidents Day falls on Monday, February 20, 2023. While some sales don’t start until Presidents Day, many retailers already have huge sale offerings available ahead of the holiday. Take a look at the list above for our favorites, and sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter to avoid missing any last-minute savings.
Does Amazon have Presidents Day sales?
Amazon has tons of deals available ahead of the holiday. Shop sales by navigating to their deals page for the most popular savings. Use their search features to shop only discounted items, which helps narrow down results.
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.