The Best 4th of July Sales You Won’t Want to Miss
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
These sales are so good, you'll be seeing stars (and stripes).
Summer cookouts, weekend getaways, and fireworks aren’t the only ways to celebrate America’s birthday. You’ll also want to shop the bounty of 4th of July sales that are the cherry on top of this patriotic sundae. “Three-day weekends deliver amazing discounts across multiple categories,” explains Trae Bodge, a smart-shopping expert. “July 4th is known for deals on items for the home, including mattresses, decor, and furniture. Shoppers will also find discounts on apparel basics like loungewear sets and walking sandals, as well as outdoor gear for camping and hiking.”
If you’re wondering where to start, big-ticket items usually see the steepest markdowns during this mid-summer holiday week. According to Bodge, you’ll be able to score anywhere from 20 to 70 percent off just about everything major retailers have to offer—and this could be your last chance to save big until the Christmas season. “Expect items like home decor and furniture to be marked down,” she says. “Larger retailers like Overstock, Home Depot, Wayfair, JCPenney, and Bed Bath & Beyond will have great deals.”
We did the hard deal-hunting work for you, so all you have to do is click below and buy. Then you can put up your feet and have an extra lemonade as you watch the fireworks and enjoy these other fun ideas for the 4th of July.
Patio furniture, grills, and outdoor entertaining essentials
- Home Depot: You’ll find a wide variety of top-selling patio sets and furniture under $500 as part of Home Depot’s 4th of July sales. They’ll throw in free delivery for nearly everything as well. The iconic store’s Special Values section will also be expanded to include a variety of outdoor and indoor plants, tools, gardening gear, and more at discounts of up to 50 percent off usual prices.
- BJ’s: From June 8 through July 21, Wholesale Club shoppers can get $30 off the Char-Broil American Gourmet 30″ Charcoal Grill while supplies last. It offers everything you need for the perfect outdoor grilling experience at an affordable price, and with the deal running extended dates, you have enough time to order it at a discount before the holiday weekend. Speaking of munchies, you’ll want to add these 4th of July appetizers to your menu, too.
- Overstock.com: You’ll find just about everything you’d ever want to make a gorgeous patio, deck, or outdoor space complete at this holiday sale. You’ll get up to 70 percent off indoor and outdoor furniture and home decor, and shipping is free on everything. Pro tip: Keep refreshing the store’s deal page for new discounts. Indoor and outdoor rugs will be starting as low as $14.99, and chairs and decor will be at clearance prices.
- Wayfair: This online retailer is offering up to 65 percent off outdoor furniture, decor, lawn games, and outdoor entertaining essentials in the days leading up to the July 4th weekend. Looking for specific ideas? These are a few things you can buy at Wayfair to create a backyard oasis.
Furniture and decor
- BenchMade Modern: Now is the time to order that custom-made sofa you’ve dreaming of, because BenchMade Modern is offering 20 percent off orders from July 1 through 6. The discount applies to custom sofas and sectionals, sofa beds, accent chairs, rugs, lighting, and just about everything else. If you’re not sure which color is right for you in time, you can lock in the sale price over the July 4th weekend by ordering the sofa style you want and then hitting the “decide later” option when it comes to choosing a fabric or leather. This Skinny Fat sofa is a perennial bestseller and a good place to start.
- World Market: Take up to 50 percent off items at this San Francisco-based retailer, plus an additional 20 percent off if you’re a first responder, health care worker, or teacher. This year’s July 4th sales will include seating, rugs, bedding, towels, and conversation-worthy decor that will instantly elevate the look of your home.
- Raymour & Flanigan: Take 10 percent off orders under $2,500 and 15 percent off orders over $2,500 through July 8, and choose from more than 4,000 items in stock to furnish every room in your home.
- Crate & Barrel: You can get 30 percent off popular decor and kitchen items at Crate & Barrel in the days leading up to July 4th, but the biggest discounts of all can be found on the site’s semi-secret clearance and sale section. Deals are swapped out on an almost daily basis, with items like these velvet bed linens already 40 percent off retail.
- CanvasPop: Take 55 percent off CanvasPop’s complete selection of customizable wall art and fun photo-forward essentials from June 28 through July 5. Just enter promo code “4THOFJULY” at checkout. When your delivery arrives, make sure you know how to hang those pictures perfectly.
- ABC Carpet & Home: Get 25 percent off everything brand-wide both online and in stores from June 29 through July 6. You’ll even get a discount on sale items, and the deal applies to the lowest ticketed price. Dining and entertaining sets, furniture of all kinds, art, decor, and bedding will be at their lowest prices of the season.
- Dormify: Send them off to college in style this year—but don’t break the bank doing it, thanks to Dormify’s 4th of July sale. Take 25 percent off when you spend $200 or more, or 20 percent off sitewide with no minimum purchase. The deal runs June 29 through July 5, and no promo code is necessary.
- Rugs.com: Take an extra 70 percent off from June 30 through July 6, and make the most of free shipping and free returns. Indoor, outdoor, specialty, and even washable rugs will be included in this monumental sale.
- Delta Children: Kids are expensive! That’s why you’ll love getting up to 20 percent off popular nursery furniture and bedroom sets for little ones this July 3 and 4. You’ll find markdowns on cribs, changing tables, toddler beds, big-kid beds, and more. Find some more festive ideas for 4th of July decor.
- Best Buy: Head to Best Buy’s website to score up to 40 percent off most appliances, as well as unbeatable deals on other home essentials and tech gifts like televisions, audio equipment, laptops, and more.
- Home Depot: The home superstore is making a second appearance on this list because it will be offering up to 40 percent off indoor and outdoor appliances. Special Savings department appliances include this Samsung double-door stainless steel refrigerator at more than $100 off and best-selling dishwashers under $500 (which will be more steeply discounted as the big day approaches).
- Lowe’s: Check Lowe’s ever-updating selection of 4th of July sales and deals here, and keep an especially keen eye out for the retailer’s appliance markdowns from the last few days of June through July 4th. Washers, dryers, kitchen appliances, and even outdoor cooking gear will be marked down by up to 40 percent off usual prices. Did you know that your appliances are most likely to break down in the summer? You do now!
- SodaStream: You’ll find bundles and kits marked down by as much as 25 percent from now through July 4th—and feel great about adding some fizzy goodness to all of your favorite drinks for a steal.
Apparel and accessories
- Tea Collection: The brand’s best sellers for pint-sized fashionistas will be up to 60 percent off retail from June 24 through July 5, making these premium-quality kids pieces available at bargain-basement prices. Even basics like leggings will be marked down, so you can stock up before back-to-school season.
- Gap: Expect up to 75 percent off just about everything at the Gap, with the majority of sale pieces nearly 50 percent off usual retail prices. The store hasn’t yet announced which stackable promo codes will be issued for its July 4th sales, but it has shared that all of Gap’s departments will feature massive summer sales. Expect patriotic tees and tanks under $5, basics like shorts and V-necks under $20, and coupon codes for up to an additional 20 percent off sale prices.
- Soma: Treat yourself to up to 75 percent off select styles, plus an extra 50 percent off markdowns at Soma’s Independence Day sale. You’ll have access to these discounts, plus 5-for-$20 panties, from July 1 through July 6.
- Chico’s: This store’s summer sales will be a treasure trove of discounts up to 60 percent off regular retail prices, on both staples and trend-driven pieces for women. You can also get an extra 20 percent off your purchase by signing up for the brand’s email list, and a bonus 10 percent off by signing up for text alerts. Expect phenomenal finds starting at $25 from July 1 though July 4.
- Past Life The Collective: Every single item on this American-made brand’s site will be between 20 and 90 percent off over July 4th weekend. You’ll find feminine staples, flirty tops, skirts, dresses, and more all marked down.
- Swiminista: Refresh your summer wardrobe with the best swimsuits from Swiminista between July 2 and July 4, when this sought-after brand will offer nearly its entire collection of one-pieces, two-pieces, and beach accessories at 20 percent off retail. The only collection left out is the brand’s Christian La Croix collaboration, but everything else is fair game and just waiting for your next dip in the pool.
- Hansen Surf: Take an additional 15 percent off everything at Hansen Surf by using code “JULY4” at checkout between July 1 and July 6. The deal is good on surf gear, wet suits, swim accessories, shoes, and just about everything else you’ll want to make the most of beach season.
- Liverpool Los Angeles: It’s time for new jeans, shorts, shirts, and other on-trend pieces from this contemporary, flattering brand. Take up to 30 percent off just about everything on the site between July 1 and July 5, and laugh all the way to the bank when you look like a million bucks but only spent a handful.
- Floatley: Take 25 percent off Floatley’s comfiest bras on Amazon from July 1 through July 4. These fan-favorite undergarments normally sell for $35 apiece, but they’ll be $26.25 during the sale.
- Jack Wolfskin: How about a sale on top of a sale? That’s what you’ll get now through July 6 on Jack Wolfskin’s rugged clothes for men, women, and children. Use the promo code “SUMMER25” for an additional 25 percent off even sale prices.
- Brooks Brothers: Take up to 40 percent off polos, T-shirts, shorts, swim gear, and more (plus get free shipping) at Brooks Brothers on the big day. Almost nothing from the brand’s summer collection will be held back, and the sale prices are valid for men’s, women’s, and children’s fashions.
- Foster Grant: Looking for some new sunglasses with UV protection? This is where you’ll want to be. All Foster Grant shades will be 40 percent off for the brand’s 4th of July sale from July 1 through July 5. Load up on styles for him, her, and that perfect unisex pair to leave in the car for sunny drives.
- L.L. Bean: Get up to 60 percent off at L.L. Bean’s summer sale, which runs through July 4th weekend. You can shop the brand’s sale section for a massive array of swimwear, tees, hoodies, poolside favorites, and even some of the most comfortable walking shoes for men. Medical professionals can also stack those sale prices with an additional 15 percent. This slimming swimsuit is already marked down by 45 percent.
- Tobi: Take up to 80 percent off fashions for her on this site’s somewhat hidden flash sale page this Independence Day. You’ll find dresses, tops, denim, accessories, and more at rock-bottom prices through the holiday weekend. The brand’s tees, tanks, and knitwear make great basics for business casual ensembles that will take you through summer and fall.
- Old Navy: Every item in the store will be up to 50 percent off usual prices, and current styles will start at just $8. You’ll also find a vast selection of clearance and sale markdowns at lower-than-ever prices. The sale runs from June 25 through July 5, and is valid both online and in-store.
- Lensabl: Take 20 percent off all lenses and everyday eyewear frames, as well as 15 percent off all contact lenses at Lensabl this July 1 through July 5. Use promo code “USA20” at checkout to score the 20 percent off frames and lenses, and “USA15” for contact lens orders. FYI, here are more of the best places to buy glasses online.
- Pact: Spend more, save more! From July 2 through July 4, shoppers can take 10 percent off any purchase of $50 or more, 15 percent off purchases of at least $100, and 20 percent off purchases of $150 or more. You’ll love the sustainable, organic, fair-trade tees, pants, and basics—especially when they’re on sale.
- Fossil: From June 28 through July 4, you’ll get an extra 50 percent off sale styles and 30 percent off select bags and wallets. Make sure to enter promo code “TAKEOFF” at checkout to get the discounts.
- New York & Company: From July 2 through July 5, you can score 50 percent off everything at this women’s fashion retailer. And it’s super easy to save—no codes or coupons are necessary for you to take advantage of the deal.
- JCPenney: Take an extra 30 percent off all orders over $75 from June 28 through July 4. Just enter code “JULY4” at checkout to redeem.
- DSW: Get your wallet ready, because the best sandals for the whole family will be on sale for up to 50 percent off usual prices online and in-store at DSW. The sale runs from July 1 through July 5 to give you plenty of time to figure out exactly how many pairs of shoes it takes to reach shoe nirvana. (Hint: It’s a really, really big number, but at these prices, you might be able to get there!)
- Forever 21: Enjoy up to 70 percent off markdowns and an extra 30 percent off swimwear, flip-flops, and dresses from June 24 through July 7.
Wellness and beauty
- BackEmbrace: Take 25 percent off this popular posture corrector that’s become a must-have item for those working long hours in front of a computer. Enter code “READERSDIGEST” at checkout to score the deal from July 3 through July 5.
- Walgreens: Take advantage of Walgreens’ 4th of July sales to stock up on the basics. You’ll find a BOGO50 sale on select health and wellness items, and all active members of the military and veterans will get an additional 20 percent discount from July 1 through July 4. Some items that will be featured in the sale are best-selling favorites, like these Walgreens multivitamins and pain reliever caplets.
- AHAVA: This is definitely one of the best times of year to stock up on beauty gifts for her and wellness essentials. Take 25 percent off everything at AHAVA, the popular Dead Sea mineral mud company, now through July 31 by using “MASKING25” at checkout. Some of our favorites? The brand’s popular face masks and the soothing and hydrating Dead Sea salts and soaks.
- Defenage: Take advantage of bundle deals at Defenage from June 25 through July 4, when the brand will offer up to 25 percent off regular retail pricing. The Ultra Neck Perfection Treatment Set, which includes a variety of popular, full-size products, will be offered at a 25 percent off bundle rate.
- Alloi: Staying germ-free is top of mind right now, which is why you’ll want Alloi’s antimicrobial copper iPhone and Airpod cases for your favorite devices—especially when they’re 25 percent off July 3 through July 5. Just enter promo code “USA” at checkout to take advantage of the deal, and feel better about a reduced-germ lifestyle.
- EcoVessel: Looking for an affordable eco-friendly gift for a friend—or a little something for yourself? Check out EcoVessel’s insulated stainless steel water bottles, mugs, and tumblers, which will be discounted by 20 percent from July 2 through July 4. Use promo code “4JULY20” to take advantage of this sitewide deal.
- BeautyStoreDepot: Take 20 percent off at this beauty site from June 29 through July 5 with the code “FOURTHSALE” at checkout. You’ll also be treated to free gifts and free shipping for orders of $45 or more.
- Loma Lux: Take 25 percent off the brand’s wellness-focused supplements and beauty aids to deal with the symptoms of acne, psoriasis, and more during their Made in the USA sale, which runs from July 2 through July 5. Enter promo code “USA25” at checkout to secure the deal.
- Elizabeth Grant Skincare: Take 40 percent off just about everything Elizabeth Grant makes on the 4th. This one-day sale includes cleansers, serums, creams, accessories, and more. Use promo code “4JULY40” at checkout.
- Pause Well-Aging: Take 20 percent off your purchase of skin care designed specifically for menopausal and perimenopausal women’s skin this July 1 through July 7. The brand’s must-have moisturizers, mists, and cleansers will all be included in the sale. While you’re stocking up, you might also want to pick up a few of these anti-aging creams dermatologists trust most.
- Bellefixe: The entire lineup of hair accessories—ranging from ponytail holders to headbands—will be 30 percent off on purchases of $50 or more from June 28 through July 5.
Mattresses and bedding
- Saatva: The popular premium mattress and bedding retailer will be offering $200 off purchases of $1,000 or more as part of its July 4th sales lineup. Everything from non-toxic mattresses to eco-friendly bedding and pillows will be eligible for the discount, and no code is necessary. Shop July 1 through July 5 to score the deal.
- Purple: Take up to $400 off bedding bundles at Purple when you pick a mattress and add extras like pillows and sheets. It will feature build-your-own deal components starting at $100 off.
- Nest Bedding: Take 20 percent off select mattresses and 10 percent off everything else on the Nest Bedding website. You’ll find all sorts of eco-friendly sleep products and accessories to fawn over, and the sale runs from now through July 12, so you don’t have to lose sleep over making the right mattress decision.
- Allswell: Take 15 percent off all mattresses and get two free pillows with any mattress purchase when you use code “JULY4TH” at checkout. This deal will run from now through July 4, with mattresses starting at just $265.
- Cozy Earth: Take 20 to 25 percent off at Cozy Earth during their 4th of July sale that runs through July 11. Additionally, all sheet sets are offered at 30 percent off with promo code “SUMMERSHEETS” at checkout, and when you spend $300, you get a free pair of pajamas—use code “FREEPJ” at checkout to score that bonus.
- Essentia: Take up to 25 percent off the natural memory foam mattress brand’s entire lineup of mattresses, pillows, and sleep products this July 1 through July 6. Everything is included except the brand’s hybrid mattresses, which will be $200 off their usual prices. You’ll also get a free GOTS-certified organic cotton sheet set (worth $299) with your purchase of a mattress. Here are some tips on how to buy the best mattress and pillows for you.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Take 25 percent off sitewide from June 23 through July 6 at this affordable mattress and bedding retailer. Load up on new sheets, pillows, mattresses, and more at a bargain. No codes are necessary, and military members and first responders can actually get a 30 percent discount during the same dates.
- RVMattress.com: This online sleep solutions destination for custom-crafted RV mattresses will offer 25 percent off everything from June 23 through July 6, just in time for your next big family road trip.
- KIND Snacks: Take 20 percent off any single order of KIND Snacks from July 1 to July 6 on the brand’s website. Just enter promo code “JULY4” at checkout and you’ll be all set with your road trip snacks for any summer trips you have planned!
- Bake Me a Wish: This New York-based bakery (which, don’t worry, has nationwide delivery) is offering a feel-good BOGO. When you order a Freedom Cake for yourself or a loved one, the company will deliver a cake to a U.S. military service member deployed overseas, sent in honor of your recipient. The Freedom Cake features a layer of decadent chocolate brownie surrounded by rich fudge frosting, an avalanche of sprinkles, and bittersweet chocolate shavings. While this 4th of July dessert deal doesn’t necessarily save you lots of cash, the extra dose of good karma is an unbeatable value.
- Carne Collective: Take $33 off this popular e-butcher’s July 4th-themed “Independence” box that’s perfect for backyard BBQ action, grill competitions, and plain ol’ good eats. The 15 percent discount runs through July 4.
- Papaya Reusable: Take 20 percent off this Earth-friendly brand’s lineup of reusable paper towels with code “PAPAYAJULY” at checkout over July 4th weekend.
- Joolz: Got a little one on the way—or know someone who does? You’ll want to check out this sale. Take 20 percent off select items at this popular stroller company’s website from July 1 through July 5. These celebrity-parenting favorites, which come in a variety of trend-forward designs and are already reasonably priced, are rarely discounted, so now’s definitely the time to buy.
- Chewy: Even pets can feel patriotic thanks to Chewy’s buy-$50-get-a-$20-gift-card deal. All you need to do is buy $50 worth of American Journey dog or cat food, True Acre Foods, or Tylee’s freeze-dried pet food over July 4th weekend and you’ll be treated to a $20 gift card to spend at Chewy on whatever you and your little fur ball want or need, like these dog grooming supplies that are always good to have on hand.
Of course, July 4th isn’t the only time to get a great deal. Find out the best times to buy throughout the year.
- Trae Bodge, smart-shopping expert